The Admiral Rooney? Or Captain Coleen?

doratheexplorer

Featured Posts

Didn’t see them, but they apparently passed us while we were moored yesterday. 
I’m not into celebrity, so let’s hope they can enjoy the rest of their holiday without interruption. 

• Greenie 2

20 minutes ago, Beo said:

Given that the landlady thought it appropriate to post that they were in the pub on Facebook, I’m guessing that they won’t be going back!

Why? They seemed happy to pose for a photo with the landlady.

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

I can imagine some deeply shocked regulars in some pub in Wombourne later on when the Rooneys stroll in.

They'll get along fine as long as they remember to use short words if they speak to Wayne.

On 29/06/2021 at 15:55, Rob-M said:

We passed them at Brewood yesterday as they were leaving the moorings.  Didn't see Wayne but saw Coleen on the towpath.

Were they on a hireboat? If so, which fleet? I can't find out. Could be a canal story, but at the moment it's a pub story.

4 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Have you asked the landlady of The Bridge at Brewood what she knows ?

Why?  If somebody had asked which boat you were on and that information was given out how happy would you be?  If you wouldn't mind then so be it, but it does seem a shame that 'celebrities' cannot enjoy anonymity or even some peace on a holiday.  Just the nature of the beast I suppose but actively searching for information where they will be is a bit creepy. Just to gain a selfie perhaps but how bladdy awful that would be!  

• Greenie 2

10 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Why?  If somebody had asked which boat you were on and that information was given out how happy would you be?  If you wouldn't mind then so be it, but it does seem a shame that 'celebrities' cannot enjoy anonymity or even some peace on a holiday.  Just the nature of the beast I suppose but actively searching for information where they will be is a bit creepy. Just to gain a selfie perhaps but how bladdy awful that would be!  

Well, I was thinking of after the event, not interrupting their holiday, but asking them afterwards about their impressions. 

But I didn't want to ask the pub because I never expected the pub to know (or care) what the boat was or their route. 

But as it happens I have since learned that it was a Napton boat, hired from Autherley.  I wonder how far they got up the Shroppie. 

10 minutes ago, Andrew Denny said:

Well, I was thinking of after the event, not interrupting their holiday, but asking them afterwards about their impressions. 

Why?  ...or more pertinently how since presumably they will have left the area after the holiday.   If you did find them I suspect its quite likely they will tell you it would have been great if people had left them alone to enjoy it.  I bet he's brought along a great big tv for tonights match but woe betide if he runs the engine to watch it!  I could of course be entirely wrong and he seeks out a pub with a tv and joins in with the merry crowd.   Shall you be looking for that pub up the Shroppie? 

Edited by Chagall
grammar!....one cannot have football matches onboard!

1 hour ago, Andrew Denny said:

Were they on a hireboat? If so, which fleet? I can't find out. Could be a canal story, but at the moment it's a pub story.

It was a marine cruises we think.

2 hours ago, Andrew Denny said:

Napton Narrowboats down at Autherley according to the Book of Face

17 hours ago, Chagall said:

Their holiday has finished & the landlady may have seen their hire company.No need at all to be so defensive on their behalf.I suspect a magazine article may be written by Andrew.

1 hour ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Their holiday has finished & the landlady may have seen their hire company.No need at all to be so defensive on their behalf.I suspect a magazine article may be written by Andrew.

Yes, the holiday has ended (it finished ten days ago), it's now wide public knowledge, the tabloids reported it afterwards, and the family is used to coverage of their getaways. Famous people using the canals is just a chatty bit of minor news, it wouldn't be a full 'article'. It's probably a dead end and there are a lot of those in journalism. Who knows, though, we can sometimes get them to open up about their experiences, happens several times a year.