Septic tank

Featured Posts

A friend of mine is thinking of using/converting the bow section for a septic tank. At the moment his septic tank is under the bed and the bow is used for fresh water. His intention is to swap them over (not using existing tanks obviously). Had anyone used the bow for a septic tank? If so, what are the issues if any?

I have never heard of anyone doing this. I suppose there must be a reason for this.

Just asking!

2 minutes ago, Barxy said:

A friend of mine is thinking of using/converting the bow section for a septic tank. At the moment his septic tank is under the bed and the bow is used for fresh water. His intention is to swap them over (not using existing tanks obviously). Had anyone used the bow for a septic tank? If so, what are the issues if any?

I have never heard of anyone doing this. I suppose there must be a reason for this.

Just asking!

Personally, I'd stay with convention rather than have a bow tank and an outside thunderbox. ;)

(I'd suggest that the throne and the tank really ought to be in close proximity)

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Personally, I'd stay with convention rather than have a bow tank and an outside thunderbox. ;)

(I'd suggest that the throne and the tank really ought to be in close proximity)

Oh, and not forgetting that sh1t naturally flows downhill! :D

• Greenie 1

Is a pump out/black water tank on a boat ever called a "septic tank"? Never heard it called that before.

Mild steel shit tanks are a bad idea at the best of times due to corrosion. When a separate steel tank begins to corrode through at least it can be unbolted and taken off the boat. If it's welded to the hull it becomes more problematic. Ask your friend what he's going to do when his new integral shit tank needs attention? Imagine having to get in there to clean it out! ?

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Simple answer,  -----   WHY?

Isn't that a question?

Edited by blackrose
  • Love 1

Thanks for helping me to convince my friend NOT to go ahead with this crazy idea! I knew most of the issues actually but, I needed other boater's opinions. Except the pedantic grammar comments however.