BSC examiners Cheshire

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

Can anyone recommend me a BSC bloke near Macclesfield? The last one I had has retired, the one before moved to Norfolk, and I'd like someone competent for a change so I don't want just to ring one at random... though after the last two I'm beginning to think that's too much to ask for. If it's relevant, there's no bubble wotsit on the boat.

Edited by Arthur Marshall

48 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I used Martyn Ross from Newcastle-under-Lyme. His number is zero-seven-nine-six-six 625758. He was very thorough.

He didn't mind the lack of a bubble wotsit, because there was an access point for his manometer (perfectly acceptable under BSS).

Probably closest to Congleton, where the boat lives. Thanks. I've got manometer points.

• Greenie 1

54 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

I used Martyn Ross from Newcastle-under-Lyme. His number is zero-seven-nine-six-six 625758. He was very thorough.

He didn't mind the lack of a bubble wotsit, because there was an access point for his manometer (perfectly acceptable under BSS).

But he will need to be GasSafe registered to use a manometer on a liveaboard. (but not for a leisure boat).

Martyn Ross, who did ours last time, is now also retired. I used Steve Williams this time who came out to us when we were moored at Higher Poynton on the Macc. email: Steve@IWABSS-Limited.co.uk 
Mob:
zero7814-53067nine

Edited by Steve_C

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Russell Smith  07976412658, gas safe

He's retired

37 minutes ago, Steve_C said:

Martyn Ross, who did ours last time, is now also retired. I used Steve Williams this time who came out to us when we were moored at Higher Poynton on the Macc. email: Steve@IWABSS-Limited.co.uk 
Mob:
zero7814-53067nine

Damn. Where does Steve come from?

There does seem to be a rapid turnover in the trade. I'm not surprised.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

He's retired

Damn. Where does Steve come from?

IWABSS Ltd. (Steve Williams)

0 reviews

LISTED IN BOAT SAFETY EXAMINERS

Telephone: 07814 530 679

IWABSS Ltd. is a small, boat-based company run by Stephen Williams, C&R T Boat Safety Scheme qualified and registered, who provides a range of services to boaters, including: Boat Safety Scheme examinations checks and certification; major and minor engine servicing; electrical inspection and fault finding; and Webasto servicing.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Stephen Williams Middlewich  07814-530679 / 07814-530679 

less
Name: Stephen Williams Stephen Williams
Address: Narrowboat Melody
Middlewich Top Wharf
Middlewich
CW5 6BE
Landline: 07814-530679
Mobile: 07814-530679
Email: steve@iwabss-limited.co.uk
Gas safe register: Number: 4939972
gassafelogor.gif
Operates in: Aberdeen City | Aberdeenshire | Anglesey | Angus | Argyll & Bute | Avon | Bedfordshire | Berkshire | Blaenau Gwent | Bridgend | Buckinghamshire | Caerphilly | Cardiff | Carmarthenshire | Ceredigion | Cheshire | Clackmannanshire | Conwy | Cumbria | Denbighshire | Derbyshire | Dumfries & Galloway | Dundee | East Ayrshire | E

I remember Steves boat being moored at Barbridge and him doing some work on a boat behind us when we moored at Barbridge for a couple of days although at that time we hadn't used his services. We went through Middlewich a couple of weeks back and his boat is now moored there. No idea how Oxford comes into the equation. Good chap and reliable.

1 hour ago, Steve_C said:

I remember Steves boat being moored at Barbridge and him doing some work on a boat behind us when we moored at Barbridge for a couple of days although at that time we hadn't used his services. We went through Middlewich a couple of weeks back and his boat is now moored there. No idea how Oxford comes into the equation. Good chap and reliable.

Sounds hopeful. I'll ring him tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, jam said:

Recently used Rob Dickinson from Audlem, he is good and and Gas Safe, covers all of Cheshire. 01270 812810

Rob did ours as well( at Overwater marina).Agree that he's a good bloke who knows what he's doing.

Edited by The Bearwood Boster

• 2 weeks later...