Film - Finding your Feet

Tam & Di

Featured Posts

Just watched the 2017 film "Finding Your Feet". Nothing much to do with canals except the Timothy Spall character lives on a narrow boat in Paddington and the finale is him supposedly boating off to France in it. I guess his round Britain trip would give him plenty of experience for crossing the Channel in a narrow boat.

?

Tam

13 hours ago, Ange said:

We watched that this evening - such a good film. As soon as we saw the cast we knew we were in for a treat.

They cut the final scene where our heroine jumped from the towpath - it didn't show her hit the side of the boat! Well, there was no way she was gonna make it aboard at that distance after a dodgy run up in her stockinged feet, now was there... :icecream:

• Greenie 2

At the end he went into Maida Hill Tunnel and the interior of the tunnel appeared to be Islington tunnel, the view out of the tunnel was Maida Hill yet he was shown exiting Islington to where she ran down the access path and jumped.

I guess all tunnels are the same to film crews?

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

At the end he went into Maida Hill Tunnel and the interior of the tunnel appeared to be Islington tunnel, the view out of the tunnel was Maida Hill yet he was shown exiting Islington to where she ran down the access path and jumped.

I guess all tunnels are the same to film crews?

Even when they make canal themed celebrity travel shows. By the wat Sheila and Giles have been playing down the Stratford.

Morse must take the biscuit for jumping about

I saw it was on and avoided it. I've seen it before and along with "Maybe Baby" I think it's one of the cringiest British films ever made. We seem to have a knack in this country for making this kind of rubbish. 

The Guardian gives it two stars.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2018/feb/22/finding-your-feet-review-celia-imrie-imelda-staunton-timothy-spall

• Unimpressed 1

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

I saw it was on and avoided it. I've seen it before and along with "Maybe Baby" I think it's one of the cringiest British films ever made. We seem to have a knack in this country for making this kind of rubbish. 

Well, that's well and truly tiddled on @Ange's bonfire, not to mention the entire British film industry! 

I see in the end credits there is a Daily Boatman as well as a Daily Prop Hand credited. Would that second job involve retrieving chucked sleeping bags and festival tent flysheets from the weedhatch, given the boating location on Regent's Canal?

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

They cut the final scene where our heroine jumped from the towpath - it didn't show her hit the side of the boat! Well, there was no way she was gonna make it aboard at that distance after a dodgy run up in her stockinged feet, now was there... :icecream:

That's exactly what I said ?

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well, that's well and truly tiddled on @Ange's bonfire, not to mention the entire British film industry! 

We're all entitled to express our views on movies and the arts aren't we? Isn't that the whole point? People come out of cinemas and say what they think about what they've just seen. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all had the same opinion.

Edited by blackrose

19 minutes ago, blackrose said:

We're all entitled to express our views on movies and the arts aren't we? Isn't that the whole point? People come out of cinemas and say what they think about what they've just seen. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we all had the same opinion.

Some people even get paid to do it