Surveyor Recommendations in Daventry

eojp

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a Surveyor for a Narrowboat in the Daventry area. Looking for a surveyor that is independent and has hopefully has no allegiances with the big marinas of the area (too much to ask?).

Tried to look for similar posts but they all seemed to be from 5-10 years old, so please point me in the direction if such posts exist.

Thanks everyone,

Joe

I had to hunt around for a surveyor last week. Vladimir Chorbadzhiev and Tony Tucker came highly recommended and I think they cover that area but neither was available on the dates my boatyard could lift out. Tony didn't have any availability until August. 

If you look on British Marine, YDSA and IIMS websites for accredited surveyors, that's probably a good place to start. 

Justin Green of J G Marine Services did the survey on my boat which I bought last year. He came recommended and was very professional. Took time to talk to me about the boat afterwards.

Justin Green is now involved in ABNB, so maybe not wise to use him if buying a boat from them.

Others locally are Ian Jennings, Michael Clarke, Chris William's and Craig Allen might still be doing a few, even though his pub is jow back up running and busy.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Justin Green is now involved in ABNB, so maybe not wise to use him if buying a boat from them.

Others locally are Ian Jennings, Michael Clarke, Chris William's and Craig Allen might still be doing a few, even though his pub is jow back up running and busy.

Mike Clarke is at Blisworth Tunnel boats, and does a good job IMHO.