Bathroom refit

Bluebell and lunar

Featured Posts

Hi,
I have 2 queries regarding bathroom refit.
1) I have removed old self adhesive tiles and t&g pine from this bathroom wall and am wondering what to replace it with. Is there any kind of waterproof panel I can screw directly onto batons?
2) I'm also wondering what the current bulk heads are coated in to keep them water resistant currently. Is it an enamel paint?

Any advice would be appreciated ?

IMG_20210624_094125.jpg

IMG_20210624_094101.jpg

The last image has too much camera shake to do much in the way of identification and the  first one is too dark where we need to look.

The way the screw and cup washer is placed and the way the damaged  section has broken away makes me suspect it might be laminate (Formica like) glued onto a backing board. You can get white faced glazed hardboard, but only a clot would use that in a bathroom, apart from the ceiling.

There are a number of laminated board systems designed for use in a bathroom, but they cost.

Lots of plastic faced thick shower panels are on an MDF core and I for one would not give them house or boat room.

There are solid thin plastic shower panels, search for them on the web, B&Q, Toolstation, etc.

UPVC cladding will do a great job.

Laminate is glued (Evostick) to a backing board. I would use WBP ply and that can be screwed onto the battens using countersunk screws. However, it would be far easier to glue the laminate to the board if its done horizontal, but then there is a question about how to secure it. That is why I think the screw and cup washer may indicate laminate.