What Sort Of Oil Should I Put On My Legs?

system 4-50

Featured Posts

Ok, I've been sitting at the table for an hour or so, and I've finished my dinner and its time to get ready for bed but my legs are stuck.  As a single-hander it is difficult to get them to move as I can't apply pressure on both sides at the same time.  Is there a suitable oil or grease that can be applied that will not make a mess?  What do other desmo users do?

• Greenie 1

Just now, system 4-50 said:

Ok, I've been sitting at the table for an hour or so, and I've finished my dinner and its time to get ready for bed but my legs are stuck.  As a single-hander it is difficult to get them to move as I can't apply pressure on both sides at the same time.  Is there a suitable oil or grease that can be applied that will not make a mess?  What do other desmo users do?

I just jerked the table up. Sometimes a leg stayed in the table and the other in the floor. Then  I gave each leg a good thump sideways. TRhat always freed them.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Eat your tea on your lap. Tables are the invention of the devil, ask any primary school child.

Ah! So thats why my very young granddaughters put so much effort into transferring their meals from the table to their laps!

• Greenie 1

Not tried this as there are no Desmo legs on my boat, just creaky human ones. How about rubbing some candle wax on the end of the leg? Should help reduce stiction, with not so much risk of contaminating other things that you'd get using an oil.

I'm now using a wax based bicycle chain lubricant on the boat hatch slides so clothes don't  get oil stained. This dries to a wax coating on the bike chain.

Jen