Leamington Spa Canal Festival...

Featured Posts

A tad trificult to answer your question really.

If you're into visiting canals in a beautiful Warks. town and looking at boats I guess it could be worthwhile.

If however, live displays of amateur chicken juggling, accompanied by back to back glass blowing during Morris Dancing is your bag I wouldn't hold your breath.  

18 hours ago, zenataomm said:

A tad trificult to answer your question really.

If you're into visiting canals in a beautiful Warks. town and looking at boats I guess it could be worthwhile.

If however, live displays of amateur chicken juggling, accompanied by back to back glass blowing during Morris Dancing is your bag I wouldn't hold your breath.  

so no chicken juggling.. pity... :)  thanks!!

I seem to remember going to this a few years ago (10 -15 ish) and it was a nice day, small gathering of boats with stalls and entertainment on the crossing streets - at the time a friend played in a marching samba band which was one of the entertainment bookings hence me being off my normal patch of the BCN - it was a nice sunny day and everyone enjoyed themselves. 

C&RT have a temporary suspension of moorings  bridge 39 -> 40B

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/notices/19937-moorings-suspension-in-leamington-spa-grand-union-canal

but there seems to be precious little other info 

springy

On 21/06/2021 at 16:58, Cheese said:

I see it is being held at number 37, Clemens St.  I wonder if the people who live there know?  ?

I did a double take when I saw that on Google Maps because I once lived for a year almost directly opposite that property on the upper floors of an almost identical orange brick building!

Leamington's a weird place to hold it inasmuch as the canal area is the least attractive part of Leamington...

Edited by enigmatic