Watford Locks

Grahamnewman

Featured Posts

42 minutes ago, Grahamnewman said:

I hear that watford locks are closed and could be for sometime after a sink hole appeared in the area where the gate swings open. Nothing from CRT but just a facebook message with a photo.

That's because according to a CRT message yesterday the locks are open. There is more detail and pictures on the thread under Stoppages.

1 hour ago, Grahamnewman said:

I hear that watford locks are closed and could be for sometime after a sink hole appeared in the area where the gate swings open. Nothing from CRT but just a facebook message with a photo.

There is a stoppage notice and an open notice of sorts…ive linked to it in the other thread

1 hour ago, Grahamnewman said:

@Grahamnewman I passed through an hour ago.  I would treat it as "limited access" at this stage, it could change at any time.

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any more news on this issue? We have friends planning to do the Leicester Ring in mid July. I couldn’t find any info on the CRT website but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.  

7 minutes ago, frangar said:

This was the scene today when a friend passed through....There is two wheelbarrows in use.......Im rather hoping its still open next week when we want to go through

IMG_3365.jpg.f8f104104932fb743084e224455214aa.jpg

They will need a bigger wheelbarrow than that.

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Good profit when you can bill the client a decent mark up for wheelbarrows used.......

They all have flat tyres 'cos they sold all the foot pumps off cheap.

Nowt that a few cubes of readymix won't sort out.