Gas cooker advice wanted 60cm with glass lid (Coventry area)

NbJune

Featured Posts

Hi all,

I am looking for a new gas cooker. I would like one with a lid and preferably in black. From what I understand adapters for LPG can be requested on purchase. Is this the experience with any of you? Are the jets easy to change? Does any of you have any suggestions for buying the West Midlands/Coventry area. (Of course, I will be asking a registered LPG gas fitter to install any gas pipes/connections).

Thanks - Any advice is welcome.

More information - My kitchen units sit out from the side so the cooker can sit flush with them which will mean any lid will be able to rest/clip on to the 80ish deg angle. So I have around 58-60cm from the side wall. Yes, my worktop does not sit under the gunnels.

All I will say is that when I tried to get at the thermos couple probes on my 550mm Zanussi I could not find a way to get the hob plate off. Had to pay for a call out.  Make sure you find out exactly how to change the jets or try to order one with them already fitted.

Be aware that 80 ish degrees may not be enough to open the gas shutoff safety valve fitted to the lid.

I had to tweak mine on a 500 wide cooker when the lid opened very close to 90 degrees.

Used a pivot catch hook from a caravan to hold the lid up.

You can order the cooker already setup for lpg or purchase one from a calor shop.  You will need to change any hose supplied for a certified bss type and secure the cooker to get bss.

On this type of cooker the ignition module is usually 240 volt.

12 volt units are readily available but would need to be fitted which would take you out of warranty. 

Edited by adrianh
typo