Is it really June?

tree monkey

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Given up and lit a fire, it's been raining heavily all day and quite frankly it was cold.

Obviously now I have to door open because it's too hot

:)

Probably why its called flaming June ;)

• Greenie 2

12 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Given up and lit a fire, it's been raining heavily all day and quite frankly it was cold.

Wet (very!) here in Dorset, but still warm. The rain actually feels warm.

Been too hot for comfort most of last week. I'm heading firewards too now. Luckily, the coal boat came by couple of days ago so I'm primed... I've been away on the boat in July with the fire on before now. 

I believe if it wasn't for the Gulf Stream it would be a damn sight colder.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Summer isn’t summer (here) without spectacular thunder, lightning and torrential rain, it’s a perfect example of a continental climate.

The last year we had a really bad storm in France was further down in the Lot. The hail stones were that large and heavy they actually covered the whole of the car in a dimpled finish.

A couple of years ago driving through the Charente on our way to our site a village we passed through had a large number of houses covered in tarpaulins. On further in vestigation it transpired there had been a severe hail storm two weeks previous that had literally smashed the roof tiles on the houses.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/hail-storm-france-left-dead-dozens-injured-extensive/story?id=56380848

Some of the storms in France are spectacular, we usually see one while we are there.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

It's not cold enough in the house to put the heating on yet. In fact it's still too bloody hot in the house, it hasn't lost the heat from the hot weather last week yet. But I have just been out to the van to put tonight's lasagne in the fridge and it is a bit cooler in there. I suspect we will end up with the heating on for an hour or so tonight.

I think we have come home from Kelpie at the right time! We had very hot weather for two weeks while is was cold and windy at home. Came home yesterday and today it is hot here and it seems to be wet in Englandshire.

When we were out on Kelpie earlier in the year we had no rain till we were driving out of the marina car park to come home. 

I'll let you all know when we are going boating again as the good weather seems to follow us 

Haggis

6 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Had to light the fire to dry our bedding out ?

• Sad 1
  • Horror 1

Just drove past stonehenge - several notices announcing that solstice celebrations are cancelled, but there were quite a few people standing about there in the rain. It doesn't look like there will any sol to celebrate anyway though.

Tam

• Greenie 1

Not quite the same kind of topic but still this thread reminded me of this nevertheless.

There was one particular pre-2019 day in Canada where the weather pattern was really strange with being close to zero celsius at nine in the morning (boots, sweatshirt, jacket, hat, scarf, light gloves, long pants) but by the time I was back home for a short time I was carrying my hat&gloves instead. And at lunchtime I had also dropped the jacket and changed to shoes.

Needless to say the early afternoon turned out to be 24+ celsius so I finally had stripped down almost everything except my boxer and tshirt as to go on with the rest of the day with only shorts and sockless sandals on.

I think that was the only one time I had actually seen such a wild temperature change in one single day for myself outings-wise!

I'll take your word on that Clodi, even then I'll humbly take a pass if you won't mind!

Even then 4 seasons..actually there was one such Garfield comic strip that probably fits west Ireland. As my memory would recall for now: at first the cat was just smiling at a sunny day, next box its suddenly snow, then rain, then hailstorm with ping pong ball sized drops, finally followed by a heavy horizontal wind gust, and the last box is of the cat back indoor slightly hunched over with almost no fur left complaining to the surprised john in the name of a thick thought bubble that said "I hate ____" (its been quite a while I forgot the exact word used)