Replacement Timing Belts for BMC 1.5

acdbox

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, acdbox said:

Thank you all, especially to Tonka, the first advicie to suggest Calcutta boats, who stock the item. 
thank you again

Andreas

Thanks Andreas,  Hope you will be sorted soon. I think your spellchecker as added an a to Calcutt Boats though. Stay safe

Hello everyone, order placed thank you again and thank you again to tonka for the suggestion. 

Im not great at keeping up with forum posts as a solution has now been found thanks to you all. So this is a kind message to say, i am no longer going to be checking back to this post, and admin can sign as solved (if that is a thing on Canalworld).

Happy cruising everyone

On 18/06/2021 at 12:39, Kieron G said:

If not already checked I would make sure the alternator and water pump bearings are ok. I've had an alternator seize and destroy the belt. 

Agree with this - that doesn't look like a typical failure. Check the bearings to make sure they're not rough or partially seized, and for anything which may have gotten stuck in the belt.