Tidying up the sign writing

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Cheshire cat said:

It does look good.

Why did you have to do it? Have you polished through the original?

Because it looked like this , as dave said any red fades it was done in bounty red enamel I have used monourethane this time plus I have put three coats on there looked to be only one coat on

IMG_0686.JPG

• Greenie 1

I was speaking to my signwriter about some jobs you see which haven't faded but where the signwriter hasn't used enough paint and hasn't used a couple of coats to get proper coverage. I don't know much about signwriting so I asked him if that was done intentionally as an effect. He was quite critical and said "no, they just haven't done the job properly"

• Greenie 1

14 hours ago, luggsy said:

Finally got round to reprinting the sign writing which was really faded, took hours to mask up but it was worth it , although I used frog masking tape some of the shadowing was pulled of I will have to repaint the shadowing 

This suggests that you used stick-on vinyl writing. In view of your subsequent comments, I wonder if you meant "repainting".

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

This suggests that you used stick-on vinyl writing. In view of your subsequent comments, I wonder if you meant "repainting".

5 minutes ago, Athy said:

Well spotted I never noticed that's spellcheck for you 

5 minutes ago, luggsy said:

Well spotted I never noticed that's spellcheck for you 

I have taken the liberty of amending it. If you'd rather I hadn't, let me know and I'll de-amend it.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

I have taken the liberty of amending it. If you'd rather I hadn't, let me know and I'll de-amend it.

Thanks just looking how to amend it myself