Monitoring Battery Temperatures

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, OldGoat said:

If your batteries are getting HOT then I suggest your battery capacity is too small for the load or conversely the charger is running at too high a rate.

Either way you can test the temperature by placing a spare hand (sic) on or near the battery bank.

He might be better measuring the temperature of his loo?

15 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

No, a surface vessel.

This guy came to a stick end to his "boating" if I remember correctly.

??

It is a surface vessel.  He wouldn't get far if he tried to "dive...dive...dive".. 

I think......he went bankrupt....?

I saw it for real some years back...moored at Botany mills . Very sinister.

18 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

A lot of boats, including mine, have a barometer aboard. An altimeter is just a barometer with a different scale under the needle, so effectively yes.

You need a barometer.

You can then tap it repeatedly and annoy the wife.....who says " if you want to know the weather..just look out the Bloody  window !.?

1 hour ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

A lot of boats, including mine, have a barometer aboard. An altimeter is just a barometer with a different scale under the needle, so effectively yes.

But how do you know if its the boat rising or the atmospheric pressure falling

5 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

But how do you know if its the boat rising or the atmospheric pressure falling

You don't. You have hit on the fundamental problem with using a barometer as an altimeter. It has to be set at a known height and any weather induced changes will cause it to read wrong. Hence aeroplanes relying on them accidentally flying in to cumulogranite clouds.

9 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

You don't. You have hit on the fundamental problem with using a barometer as an altimeter. It has to be set at a known height and any weather induced changes will cause it to read wrong. Hence aeroplanes relying on them accidentally flying in to cumulogranite clouds.

QFE and QFH

• Greenie 1