blacking facilities

Featured Posts

37 minutes ago, GraphicEdit said:

I am looking for affordable blacking facilities on GU(grand union canal).

Everything is affordable to someone.

Are you planning on DIY, or having someone do it for you ?

It is not just a case of 'affordable' but the quality of the work. You can pay a low price and it falls off within months and need redoing, or pay a 'proper price' and it'll last 2 or 3 years.

Edited by Alan de Enfield
  • Unimpressed 1

19 minutes ago, GraphicEdit said:

I am looking for affordable blacking facilities on GU(grand union canal).

If doing DIY Winkwell dock in Hemel was £250 for the week last time I was in there.

Booked up normally a year in advance ?

• Happy 1

15 minutes ago, GraphicEdit said:

V bottom?

It would be quite unusual to have a 70 foot boat with a V bottom, what have you got? I think Springer did make a few 70's

But I would not expect a JP3 in a Springer.

..............Dave

Just now, dmr said:

It would be quite unusual to have a 70 foot boat with a V bottom, what have you got? I think Springer did make a few 70's

But I would not expect a JP3 in a Springer.

..............Dave

Beat me to it, but you did forget to say 'non-working' JP3

Its going to be another of those 'drip feed information' threads.

1 hour ago, GraphicEdit said:

V bottom?

A few more words wouldn't go amiss!

People might then understand the question and, given sufficient relevant information, actually be able to provide a useful answer.

Just now, Lily Rose said:

People might then understand the question and, given sufficient relevant information, actually be able to provide a useful answer.

Are you familar with the OPs previous threads / questions ?

Two word statements which then lead to numerous questions by forumites all of which illicit a one or two word answer from the OP

It has even been suggested that if English is not the OPs first language, post a full, detailed question in his own language and we could get it translated and provide meaningfull help.

The concensus seems to be moving towards a wind-up merchant.

3 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

Unfortunately GraphicEdit is a person of very few words, mostly disjointed and relating to things in his own head that he can't be bothered to tell others about. However the Aylesbury Dock terms do say it is unsuited to V-bottomed craft., which is what led others to talk of 70' Springers.

Tam

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Are you familar with the OPs previous threads / questions ?

Two word statements which then lead to numerous questions by forumites all of which illicit a one or two word answer from the OP

It has even been suggested that if English is not the OPs first language, post a full, detailed question in his own language and we could get it translated and provide meaningfull help.

The concensus seems to be moving towards a wind-up merchant.

Indeed I am.

I have been finding them quite amusing but would have been frustrated had I been attempting to answer. I would not be surprised if it was a wind-up but I was giving the benefit of the doubt when I posted just now.

39 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

Indeed I am.

I have been finding them quite amusing but would have been frustrated had I been attempting to answer. I would not be surprised if it was a wind-up but I was giving the benefit of the doubt when I posted just now.

or he is a foreigner  / has limited language ability.