If it's inevitable that a speeding cyclist will hit someone, this is a satisfactory way for it to happen.

Featured Posts

I was nearly the victim of somebody doing exactly that a few weeks ago -- I slowed down and rang my bell, he did neither and had to do an emergency stop. He nearly fell in the canal, but not quite... ?

16 minutes ago, IanD said:

I was nearly the victim of somebody doing exactly that a few weeks ago -- I slowed down and rang my bell, he did neither and had to do an emergency stop. He nearly fell in the canal, but not quite... ?

Shame he didn't, when I was in London in 2008 we were walking Marcus a 65 kilo long haired GSD along the Regent's canal we were near the end of a bridge wher a cyclist barged through screaming and bawling at us! Anyway Marcus slipped his lead and took the cyclist down! The bike and rider went in but Marcus didn't, we scrarpered leaving Marcus guarding the cyclist, once a safe distance was established I called Marcus to us and we legged it into Camden town market! I never felt bad about it the towpath isn't a race track is it?

Bloke on an electric bike came along behind me on a very narrow towpath, didn't bother to ring his bell... just slowed down till I got to where could jump onto the boat. I thanked him nicely. I did, however, scramble a bit to get out of the way of the unicyclist as I never managed to slow right down on one of those things without falling off, though I know technically you can...

14 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Bloke on an electric bike came along behind me on a very narrow towpath, didn't bother to ring his bell... just slowed down till I got to where could jump onto the boat. I thanked him nicely. I did, however, scramble a bit to get out of the way of the unicyclist as I never managed to slow right down on one of those things without falling off, though I know technically you can...

Was the unicyclist playing hockey? ?

1 hour ago, Feeby100 said:

Knob head going that fast 

Nothing wrong with going that fast on a clear straight towpath with no other bikes/pedestrians/bends/blind bridges/moored boats, where it poses no danger to anybody.

Doing it where he did, moronic...

• Greenie 1