Gunthorpe Lock,River Trent.

Quaffer

Featured Posts

Are any forum members stuck at this stoppage ? The CRT notice says the lock wont fill and engineers are inspecting. I'm in Nottingham and don't want to head down there only to be held up by a long stoppage. 

Does it look like a quick fix issue ? The locks hasn't been operational since Friday,I believe.

1 hour ago, Quaffer said:

Are any forum members stuck at this stoppage ? The CRT notice says the lock wont fill and engineers are inspecting. I'm in Nottingham and don't want to head down there only to be held up by a long stoppage. 

Does it look like a quick fix issue ? The locks hasn't been operational since Friday,I believe.

Divers going in. Lockie says it could be something behind the gate? Or possibly a blown cill?? will know after the inspection. Hope not or its the wash crossing for me. 

• Greenie 1

Not so bad after all

River Trent
Starts At: Lock 11, Gunthorpe Lock
Ends At: Lock 11, Gunthorpe Lock

Friday 4 June 2021 until Wednesday 9 June 2021 16:00

Type: Navigation Closure
Reason: Repair

Update on 08/06/2021:
The construction team have assessed the damage and found one of the paddles is stuck in the open position and become detached from the rod.

The current aim is to have the lock back in service by the end of the day tomorrow once they have obtained the equipment to complete the works.

37 minutes ago, Quaffer said:

Thanks everybody for the information ,I will leave Nottingham tomorrow morning and see how things are at Gunthorpe when I arrive there..

My friends have gone back to Nottingham for a bit

9 hours ago, Quaffer said:

Thanks everybody for the information ,I will leave Nottingham tomorrow morning and see how things are at Gunthorpe when I arrive there..

I imagine there could be a lot of boats waiting to go through .

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Some of Torksey Boat Club are at Stoke waiting for Gunthorpe to reopen.

Sounds like  it will be relatively busy for a while.

Probably best if those who can take their time should do so.

Update on 10/06/2021:

Repair works were started yesterday, but the fault is bigger then we expected. 

Our lock keeper has been able to assist boats through the lock this morning, but the lock is now closed again while further works take place. 

We will have more updates this afternoon with regards the works taking place and possible re-opening of the lock.

Update on 10/06/2021:

Further problems have been discovered, while carrying out the repair works today.

More extensive work is now needed to the lock gates, which means the lock will remain closed to our customers for the time being.  Work will continue tomorrow and into next week.  

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and will update the website as soon as we have more information. 

Boaters cannot currently operate Gunthorpe Lock. 

Again,thanks for all the useful information.I was one of 7 boats to pass through on two lockages on Wednesday afternoon.I believe there were some more boats passed through early on Thursday since when  the lock has been closed.

Made my tidal passage to Keadby on modest neap tides ,and glad we look the first opportunity to pass through Gunthorpe,where the problem seemed to be a lower gates paddle which has slipped right out of position,although I'm no engineer.

River Trent
Starts At: Lock 11, Gunthorpe Lock
Ends At: Lock 11, Gunthorpe Lock

Update on 17/06/2021:

We have successfully managed to carry out the required repairs to Gunthorpe Lock and it is now operational again.