from London to Oxford

GraphicEdit

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

Probably better to set off from Oxford and head downsteam with a good anchor if the engine is unreliable ? Just remember to turn left at Brentford 

If your boat is in London, and you want to get to Oxford, then it is a little bit difficult to set off from Oxford and go downstream.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

From the OP's other topic he asked about an engineer in Oxford so being charitable I think it probably is a poorly worded intent to travel from Oxford to London ---------------------------------------------------------------------------or just maybe another wind up.

Edited by Tony Brooks

2 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

From the OP's other topic he asked about an engineer in Oxford so being charitable I think it probably is a poorly worded intent to travel from Oxford to London ---------------------------------------------------------------------------or just maybe another wind up.

He never actually asked for an engineer near Oxford, he has his location shown as Oxford, but his request was :

do you know any "maintenance" guy? for this?

Maybe the boat is in London and he is planning to 'bring it back home'.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

He never actually asked for an engineer near Oxford, he has his location shown as Oxford, but his request was :

do you know any "maintenance" guy? for this?

Maybe the boat is in London and he is planning to 'bring it back home'.

Possibly, but what sort of a nut plans to travel upstream with an unreliable engine? I suppose being charitable he may not realise that it is upstream and thinks the Thames is just a big canal of, if its a narrowboat, he plans to go the long way round.

The bottom line is that in fairness he needs to start communicating rather than posting taciturn one liners and photos.

3 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

He may be meeting more that one liner if he is in London and sets out to be fair? Looking foreward to the pictures 

Wot - no smiley

Agreed, dam great container ships unless he gets his engine sorted and reliable.

9 hours ago, GraphicEdit said:

do you prefer thames river route??...
My plan is  from "grand union canal " to "Oxford canal"

linslademap.png

strange that essential information has to prised out of the OP like a whelk from its shell.

it would never occur to anyone that someone asking for advice about a journey from London to Oxford would be planning to do it by taking the long way round.   :banghead:

Edited by Murflynn
  • Greenie 2

We used JPs in commercial freight vessels and never had this problem. I obviously never looked on the internet.

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di
remove particularly snotty remark