L&LC Society website etc

Pluto

Featured Posts

The Society has just completed the first stage in up-dating our website, which can now be found at https://www.leedsandliverpoolcanalsociety.co.uk.

Although Covid has restricted what we have been able to do over the last 18 months, we have almost completed an update of the displays on Kennet, together with producing a short video. Last week, Kennet took part in filming for a tv programme, so we are getting some money coming in, though finance for the boat could be a problem when it comes to docking in a few years if we cannot open up safely and get a bit more of an income. There will be a Society stall at Saltaire on the weekend of the 19/20 June, and then at Leeds Basin on 26 June for the Leeds Waterfront event.

27 minutes ago, John Wareing said:

I saw Pluto two weeks ago "on set" just above Bank Newton locks. The lockie at Bank Newton warned us it was there (and told us the programme but I won't mention it in case you would prefer not).

It was Kennet, Pluto 'disappeared' about 35 years ago. I was not involved with the filming, so am uncertain about whether they want to advertise the new series.

Nice colourful website.

Has clearly provided work (and lots of it!), for idle hands during the lockdowns.

Just need to persuade CRT to keep some water in the canal, now, so that people can actually do some boating.