I need Help

Featured Posts

5 hours ago, GraphicEdit said:

my engine has "flywheel "

You are still not giving people enough information about the problem for them to help you. Does your engine have electric start or are you trying to start it by hand? Was it running originally and then just stopped, or did you stop it and then it would not start when you next tried?

At the moment it is difficult to know if this is just a joke thread.   ?‍♂️

Tam

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, GraphicEdit said:

apologize my ignorance... sorry

Do you know if you turn a key, or, turn a big handle to start it ?

When you first got the boat did it start OK ?

When it stopped, did the engine stop by itself or did you turn it off ?

Have you checked you have fuel in the tank ?

You can answer these questions easily - you have experienced the answers, so it is not ignorance to not reply it is being lazy.

It has been suggested that you write everything down in your own language and we can then translate it to help you. Can you do that ?

12 minutes ago, Tonka said:

He cant wind the engine up but he has wound you lot up.

Hopefully you are wrong - it would be a sad day when the forum members decide not to help a newbie fearing that they are just being abused and made a laughing stock for some warped individual(s) pleasure.

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Hopefully you are wrong - it would be a sad day when the forum members decide not to help a newbie fearing that they are just being abused and made a laughing stock for some warped individual(s) pleasure.

Increasingly I find myself looking at a request for help and thinking does this seem to be genuine, are they likely to answer any questions that are needed to clarify matters and do thy have a sufficient command of English to understand and act on the replies. So far if I think I came help I try to  respond but the lack of feedback from the questioner and then in some cases the abusive eventual replies means replying becomes less and less worthwhile.

We had a JP2 in Towcester which did just fine, even with a butty and loaded on the Thames - I suspect that Jules Fuels still has it. I see that our secretive GraphicEdit is now planning a trip London to Oxford if he does get the JP running. (actually he spells it 'planing', but I doubt that a JP3 will give that much power  ?)

Tam

29 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

It seems to be a heck of a beast for a NB engine, 4312 cc's & weight of over 3000 lbs. 

Makes me wonder it its in one of the wide beams that congregate on the north bank on the way to Eynsham Lock or possibly moored at what was Pink Hill Cruiser Station, now an Anglo Welsh base.

1 minute ago, Tony Brooks said:

Makes me wonder it its in one of the wide beams that congregate on the north bank on the way to Eynsham Lock or possibly moored at what was Pink Hill Cruiser Station, now an Anglo Welsh base.

It now appears, that as he is planning a trip from London to Oxford, his boat may be in London.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

It now appears, that as he is planning a trip from London to Oxford, his boat may be in London.

I agree that is what he actually says but putting both topics together, his taciturn responses, and the request for an engineer in Oxford  I think its more likely that he really means Oxford to London or just maybe its potentially another wind up attempt.

1 minute ago, Tony Brooks said:

I agree that is what he actually says but putting both topics together, his taciturn responses, and the request for an engineer in Oxford  I think its more likely that he really means Oxford to London or just maybe its potentially another wind up attempt.

His request was not actually 'for an engineer in Oxford',  it was :

do you know any "maintenance" guy? for this?

The asumption was as he was in Oxford, so was the boat.

13 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Question for the JP experts here. Do they have an excess fuel cold start device

Yes,  but in 10 years I never had to use it even in the depths of winter.

3 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

So if the OP's engine is well-worn it just might make all the difference.

My guess is the low compression valves are screwed out or maybe partly out, then it won't start excess fuel or not.

17 minutes ago, Loddon said:

My guess is the low compression valves are screwed out or maybe partly out, then it won't start excess fuel or not.

May well be, but if the OP declines to communicate effectively he is left on his own.

12 minutes ago, Loddon said:

That was my best guess right back at the beginning when I asked if he was trying to start on high compression. Someone else then explained the compression valves on the side, but communication is not one of OP's accomplishments, so who's to know? (or even if he actually cares to know)

Tam