T&g ?

Featured Posts

I've been wondering about using beaded mdf like that easipanel as hull lining. On the one hand it might quickly swell to little more than clumped sawdust, but on the other it's a hell of a lot easier to fit than thin pine t&g where the individual boards shrink and swell with the seasons, with the attendant risk of twisting and splitting.

I used a waterproof MDF, I can't remember the exact specification as I bought it over 20 years ago but I can say its a lot more stable that ply or real wood. The down side its almost impossible to make a good fixing to. 

8 minutes ago, Feeby100 said:

It is mdf 

can I get panels in t&g in ply I don’t think so only mdf 

I assume the t&g and bead mouldings are routed into plain mdf sheets. MDF is an ideal material for that as it is takes a good machined finish. Doing the same with ply would lead to all sorts of areas of open or torn grain, so would require much filling and sanding to get a decent paintable surface.

• Greenie 1