Insurance Reminder

Rob-M

Featured Posts

I assume CRT are improving their tracking of insurance as I have had an email and text from them this morning reminding me my insurance is due for renewal at the end of the month and to ensure I update them with my new policy number.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I assume CRT are improving their tracking of insurance as I have had an email and text from them this morning reminding me my insurance is due for renewal at the end of the month and to ensure I update them with my new policy number.

I got one too but I don't think my policy number changes unless I change insurance company

8 minutes ago, Midnight said:

I got one too but I don't think my policy number changes unless I change insurance company

It might just be case of updating the expiry date, I can't recall if my policy number changed on last year's renewal.

13 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It might just be case of updating the expiry date, I can't recall if my policy number changed on last year's renewal.

I just send in the new expiry date when I renew the licence as a rule, we will see if I get  a reminder in September. Did I talk this up in the post about home moorings and behaving like a CCer?

Edited by ditchcrawler

Sounds like automated email which in turn means C&RT  will receive a alert if the expiry date is not updated. 

Still this relies on honesty  not as robust as the system for road vehicles where insurers notify DVLA.

On a similar note I have not displayed my river license since 2019 and no one has complained  ( I simply forgot to display it last year and don't have access to a printer at the moment) . C&RT can check that a valid  license is in place easily enough.