Marina near rail station

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Redhill Marina is next to East Midlands Parkway. Sileby Mill Boatyard is 10mins walk from Sileby station. Proctors and Meadow Farm are close to Barrow on Soar Station. Neark Marina gives a choice of two stations depending on where you want to go.

On 04/06/2021 at 19:47, Jo_ said:

How about seeing if you can get in at Saltisford Arm, Warwick. The rail station is only a mile or so from there. Lovely moorings!

That suggests you’re referring to Warwick station which is a reasonable walk from Saltisford simply because the road layout isn’t particularly direct. Warwick Parkway station is much closer, turn left out of Saltisford’s main gate and over the canal bridge then right along the industrial estate. Leading off the road a couple of hundred yards later there’s a path that follows the offside of the canal under the A46 and comes out at Hatton bottom lock which is adjacent to Warwick Parkway station.

33 minutes ago, Athy said:

Has anyone mentioned Langley Mill marina at the top of the Erewash? It's a few minutes' walk from what passes for Langley Mill station.

Passes for?  When I arrived at Langley Mill a couple of years ago I found it very suitable. Train direct from Langley Mill to Leeds, where I could change for my local service to Hebden Beidge. Extremely convenient.

2 hours ago, Athy said:

Has anyone mentioned Langley Mill marina at the top of the Erewash? It's a few minutes' walk from what passes for Langley Mill station.

We're very proud of our cantilevered shelf adjacent to a railway......... ?

• Haha 1