Marina near rail station

Featured Posts

Hi All,

i'm cc for the last 2 years but only in the south east of England. I'm looking for a marina located further north but it has to be in walking distance to a rail station. I started to research but i thought you might be able to name a place and save me a lot of time.

Baddesley Wharf, half way down Atherstone, station at other end of long pound.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

Long Buckby station is a couple of miles away. How close do you expect to be?

It's not a nice or safe road to walk down though.

1 hour ago, cutandpolished61 said:

Whilton was the first i picked during my search but has no station. But Mercia is a great find. Many thanks

As stated, long Buckby is not too far away from Whilton Marina by bike!! Just had a look on Google, it is in fact further then I thought.

Edited by Nightwatch

Worcester, Droitwich, Sawley (Long Eaton), Port Avon (Keynsham), Bristol, Bradford upon Avon, Bath, Gloucester, Devises (Bus to Swindon or Pewsey), Otherton (Penkridge), Aston (Stone), Great Haywood (Bus to Stafford or Rugeley)

Edited by Eeyore

2 minutes ago, Eeyore said:

Worcester, Droitwich, Sawley (Long Eaton), Port Avon (Keynsham), Bristol, Bradford upon Avon, Bath, Gloucester, Devises (Bus to Swindon or Pewsey).

Once you bring the bus into it then there are many more. Napton and Wigrams for starters and Calcutt and possibly Ventnor Farm. Then Stockton or Nelsons Wharf. All have busses to Leamington Spa and the last two to Rugby as well.

21 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Once you bring the bus into it then there are many more. Napton and Wigrams for starters and Calcutt and possibly Ventnor Farm. Then Stockton or Nelsons Wharf. All have busses to Leamington Spa and the last two to Rugby as well.

Wigrams is a walk along a busy road with no pavement. Napton shortish walk along minor road. Calcutt much longer walk along same minor road

Stockton closest to bus stop.

Kingswood Basin or the moorings on the link between the Stratford and the GU at Lapworth?

Right by the railway so might not suit some people but two pubs nearby and Lapworth railway (NB not 'train', ugh) station only a 10 minute walk away.

Cheap fares from Marylebone to Lapworth mid day if booked in advance.