Are Liverpool boats really the best narrowboats you can get?

OTL

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Then that says an awful lot about you as a person.Really hope we never meet at a lock.

If we do I’ll be sure to point out the bad bits of a Liverpool shell….?. Why do you think people are different online to real life? I really don’t care if people like me or not…I’d rather be as I am. 

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

What is it with people expecting the world to be saccharine and fluffy?? I don’t know how some get through life! 

Sometimes it pays to keep opinions to ones self when talking about other peoples pride and joy.

Hopefully one day you will meet a Liverpool owner who would delight in putting you on your arse or even better in the lock when commenting on their boat.

But I bet you actually wouldnt, especially if it was bloke.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

58 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

It would appear your only evidence for comparing them unfavourable to a Trabant is some photos you have seen of "them" being painted. 

Lets just leave it at 'you are wrong again', I've witnessed 'banana' boats, boats with one gunnel inches wider than the other, poor welding, & appalling paint.

Just because you brought one shouldn't mean you cannot admit to their faults. 

We looked at buying one but having seen them built I'd rather give up boating than own a Liverpool boat.

... and mine.

As the owner of a Liverpool Boat for nearly 10 happy years, I hope he doesn't choose to express his ill-informed, stereotypical opinions to me without being asked.

(I haven't been here for a while, just started back a few days ago, good to see the keyboard warriors are still going strong)

• Greenie 2

8 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Sometimes it pays to keep opinions to ones self when talking about other peoples pride and joy.

Hopefully one day you will meet a Liverpool owner who would delight in putting you on your arse or even better in the lock when commenting on their boat.

But I bet you actually wouldnt, especially if it was bloke.

Perhaps you should keep your opinion to yourself too?? But that’s obviously too much to ask…the OP asked an opinion on Liverpool boats…myself and others gave one. It might save them some grief based on our experiences. Not our fault if some object. Get back to your wobble box and leave the people that know about boats to proffer advice. 

Edited by frangar

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Perhaps you should keep your opinion to yourself too?? But that’s obviously too much to ask…

Why should I do that Gareth? You yourself claim to delight in 'plain speaking' so I'm speaking plainly.

Do you suddenly have a problem with that?

13 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Lets just leave it at 'you are wrong again', I've witnessed 'banana' boats, boats with one gunnel inches wider than the other, poor welding, & appalling paint.

We looked at buying one but having seen them built I'd rather give up boating than own a Liverpool boat.

I bought,not brought a boat.

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, frangar said:

Perhaps you should keep your opinion to yourself too?? But that’s obviously too much to ask…the OP asked an opinion on Liverpool boats…myself and others gave one. It might save them some grief based on our experiences. Not our fault if some object. Get back to your wobble box and leave the people that know about boats to proffer advice. 

Oh hang on it added a bit.

The well worn tired rebuke about owning a caravan, come on you can do better than that surely?

That one is at least five years out of date.

In case you missed it BTW there seems to be Liverpool owners on thread very happy with their puchase.

Can you upload some pics of yours so that the forum can provide a critique?

Or is that too big a technical challenge.?

Why should I do that Gareth? You yourself claim to delight in 'plain speaking' so I'm speaking plainly.

Do you suddenly have a problem with that?

Just as I was speaking plainly but apparently you’d rather I didn’t?? Any opinion as long as it yours is it now?? 

Just now, frangar said:

Just as I was speaking plainly but apparently you’d rather I didn’t?? Any opinion as long as it yours is it now?? 

Dont be silly,

Where are the boat pics I suggested you post please?

14 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

if that is true then why did you originally refer to some photos you had seen?

as you already know I spent a lifetime managing the construction of "big-inch" welded steel pipelines with high performance coatings, and I can assure you that there was nowt wrong with the welding or the alignment or dimensions on my boat.

perhaps you are unaware that they built so many shells that they had several workshop sites - the site in central Liverpool where mine was built was professionally run and well organised.  I have no idea what the others were like.

4 minutes ago, lockedout said:

Oh dear...    narcissistic personality disorder anyone?

That is an awfully big word for Gareth to get his head around....

3 minutes ago, lockedout said:

Oh dear...    narcissistic personality disorder anyone?

If you cared to notice who had given opinions on Liverpool shells you may realise that all of us have many years experience of boats and especially narrowboats…but I guess that passed you by. 

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

That is an awfully big word for Gareth to get his head around....

And you say I throw insults about….I would add more but you will no doubt accuse me of personal threats again. 

What a load of tosh,you're just a really rude,old man who has no right to be rude about my boat.*If you can be rude then so can I.There is a difference between opinion & rudeness.By the way,the difference between bought & brought isn't a spelling mistake-it's a lack of understanding of the difference between them.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, frangar said:

If you cared to notice who had given opinions on Liverpool shells you may realise that all of us have many years experience of boats and especially narrowboats…but I guess that passed you by. 

And you say I throw insults about….I would add more but you will no doubt accuse me of personal threats again. 

Oh a veiled personal threat.....scary, Im worried now. ????

Ps can you link to this post where I accused you of making personal threats.

1 minute ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Oh a veiled personal threat.....scary, Im worried now. ????

Ps can you link to this post where I accused you of making personal threats.

I’m sure you can find it quicker than me….I really can’t be bothered  to amuse you…but it’s there…you really do need to get a better hobby…or indeed a life….

5 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

if that is true then why did you originally refer to some photos you had seen?

Are you referring to this comment :

You have obviously not read the threads properly. or seen photos of them being blacked, painted or whatever. An apology will be accepted if offered.

I have had 12 NB's over the last 30+ years.

If so you have misunderstood (or I failed to make it clear)

You suggested I had never owned a steel boat (NB or WB) I was pointing out that you had failed to see or acknowledge the large number of posts and pictures I have made showing photos of my NB's, comments about things we had done, places we had been etc etc.

It is only in the last couple of years that we sold our last NB.

We have been running concurrently 2x Sea going boats and 1x NB for many years.

Your assumption that I have never had NBs is entirely wrong.

12 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

as you already know I spent a lifetime managing the construction of "big-inch" welded steel pipelines with high performance coatings, and I can assure you that there was nowt wrong with the welding or the alignment or dimensions on my boat.

I have no doubt that your pipe welding was coded and to specification - the problem is that the Liverpool boats appear to have had no specifications. 

Were the rubbing strakes fully welded, or just tack welded ?

When we watched production, it was on a production line with welders on both sides and the base plare / hull flipped over during manufacture, the two welders work did not line up.

12 minutes ago, frangar said:

I’m sure you can find it quicker than me….I really can’t be bothered  to amuse you…but it’s there…you really do need to get a better hobby…or indeed a life….

So the pics of your boat, when are they coming?

So the pics of your boat, when are they coming?

They aren’t. Get over yourself! It used to be my profile pic but for reasons not forum related I removed it. I notice your profile pic isn’t one of you either.