Is it comfortable to wear sneakers foot locker when sailing? Foot Locker coupon codes?

TonyOrtega

Featured Posts

With rowing, rowing clothing is also one of the factors that help us improve speed during rowing. Even though I don't have any sailing experience, I can still know those things. What I want to ask is what is the most comfortable boating accessory? For example shoes, what shoes should we wear when sailing? If we wear sneakers, will it cause us discomfort when rowing? Can you share more about your sailing experience?

Decent pair of work boots,  especially on muddy lock flights. The very  expensive sailing trainers Clerks gave me for presenting at the London Boat Show are useless. They have little holes all over the uppers so your socks get wet and your feet get dirty. Wet with  dew and rain, especially when walking through grass dirty with dust when walking through dry mud.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, frangar said:

I’m a big fan of crocs….sometimes with socks too…..

Reported

As an offence against common decency ?

Edited by Loddon
  • Haha 2

I tried various things, all useless for various reasons, until I tried Site work shoes from Screwfix.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/site-coal-safety-shoes-black-size-9/84584

Very good value for money, sturdy, seemingly water proof, grippy enough for when shifting heavy lock gates, haven't slipped over with them on the boat yet. 

Also, they are shoes, not boots, so they won't fill up with water if you fall in. Mine feel tight enough but they also feel as though I would be able to get them off without unlacing them in an emergency. I'm hoping not to have to put that to the test.

• Greenie 1

I'm inclined to veer away from boots. At least with shoes you have a reasonable chance of removing them whilst taking an unplanned dip. 

Also, the Screwfix work shoes I mentioned earlier - I only use those if I'm going to be doing locks. For lock-free cruising I prefer something more comfortable, preferably slip-on, and stand on rubber matting.

Its not so simple for me, its Doc Martins or Sketchers. The Docs are so old hat and not really good at my age with bunions. The Sketchers offer practically no protection from injury. The soles can be a bit soft, those steel rungs are very thin.

Need good nonslip soles, plastic cheap trainers are lethal when walking gate tops or climbing ladders.

On 01/06/2021 at 07:55, frangar said:

I’m a big fan of crocs….sometimes with socks too…..

The holes in the uppers of Crocs are only there to allow what's left of your dignity to drain out.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1