Fuse box

Michael Prout

Featured Posts

Sorry can not show, my panel board I'll try and explain it a black plate with on off switches with black push in connection which pull when tripped push back In pushes back out again blubs OK so I think it might be fuse but can not locate them 

Just now, Michael Prout said:

Sorry can not show, my panel board I'll try and explain it a black plate with on off switches with black push in connection which pull when tripped push back In pushes back out again blubs OK so I think it might be fuse but can not locate them 

They sound like circuit breakers (modern version of fuses)

Are all of them tripping, or just one or two ?

If they are tripping you have a short or other problem somewhere in your wiring.

Cannot really be of any more assistance without more details.

2 minutes ago, Michael Prout said:

They might be circuit breakers instead of fuses - we really need a photo but take or crunch to a fairly low resolution so the forum accepts them

10 hours ago, Phoenix_V said:

sounds like this, no fuses the circuit breakers do the job with perhaps one very large fuse near the battery

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/12-way-illuminated-mini-switch-circuit-breaker-panel.html

12 Way Illuminated Mini Switch & Breaker Panel | 12 Volt Planet

In no way saying you are wrong about that but from the OP's description it just might be one of the boards with glass fuses under little plastic dome nut things. The above is porbably more likely though.

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

In no way saying you are wrong about that but from the OP's description it just might be one of the boards with glass fuses under little plastic dome nut things. The above is porbably more likely though.

The OP does say (I think) that they 'pop-up' and when he pushes them back in they 'pop-up' again.

15 hours ago, Michael Prout said:

.... switches with black push in connection which pull when tripped push back In pushes back out again........

43 minutes ago, Michael Prout said:

Thank you all for your reply it turn out to a fuse trip on sure line

So it is (was) the 230v AC system that was tripping - we all thought it was the 12v DC side.

Just goes to show how important it is to give the correct, and full, information at the start of any questions.

16 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

So it is (was) the 230v AC system that was tripping - we all thought it was the 12v DC side.

Just goes to show how important it is to give the correct, and full, information at the start of any questions.

and photos if you are not sure.