Found! The Duck

Lily Rose

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

If anyone was wondering what had become of the duck, worry no more. He (or is it she?) was spotted today on my boat.

Yes, it really is that duck. 

IMG_20210529_162107979.jpg.c61561b21f8f9134cbc36a369e9ff4a8.jpg

I am relieved,  he never writes to let me know how he is

32 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

So it is a he then. I've never been much good at sexing that particular breed.

I'm a bit worried now, I just assumed he was a he, I never asked and certainly never checked, maybe that was why he/she was so keen to waddle the coup

38 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Nonsense.  The real duck wears a label with a barcode on it so he can't be mistaken for another duck freshly purchased from a shop ...

Well he had me fooled then. Admittedly that's not difficult but I have since returned him to his rightful owner and he too was taken in by the subterfuge.

I can only assume this imposter, if that's what he is, is a superb con artist. Maybe it was a mistake letting him into my life, however briefly. I just hope he didn't glean enough personal information to be able to impersonate me online.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lily Rose said:

Well he had me fooled then. Admittedly that's not difficult but I have since returned him to his rightful owner and he too was taken in by the subterfuge.

I can only assume this imposter, if that's what he is, is a superb con artist. Maybe it was a mistake letting him into my life, however briefly. I just hope he didn't glean enough personal information to be able to impersonate me online.

Just be very wary if he tries to interest you in any noodles futures contracts...

And say hello to Andy & Pam for us! :)

Will do, they're currently next door but one.

There was some mention of noodles yesterday but I make a point of never investing in something I don't understand so I'm going to stick with putting everything into cryptocurrency. I've already been contacted by a very nice man who explained how easy and safe it all is.

3 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

Will do, they're currently next door but one.

There was some mention of noodles yesterday but I make a point of never investing in something I don't understand so I'm going to stick with putting everything into cryptocurrency. I've already been contacted by a very nice man who explained how easy and safe it all is.

I trust you are both well.

Wasn't a African Prince by any chance?

Also say hello to Pam & Andy from me too.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

And from me :)

1 hour ago, Ray T said:

I trust you are both well.

Wasn't a African Prince by any chance?

Thank you.

Will do. 

We are both* well thanks Ray, and happy to be back to a bit of proper boating this year after last summer being just a succession of weekly spells in the Braunston area. Not that I'm complaining, it was lovely and we felt privileged to have a boat and be able to do that between the lockdowns. Hope you are well and managing to go boating.

* Actually there's 3 of us now. We discovered a stowaway earlier - the dratted duck had come back. We now need to catch up with Dr Bob and persuade the duck to go back.

• Greenie 1

On 30/05/2021 at 09:49, tree monkey said:

And from me :)

On 30/05/2021 at 11:57, Ray T said:

Did so. The Doc says hi back. The Duck is saying nothing.

• Greenie 2