Problems with View New Content

Featured Posts

Suddenly, when I click on View New Content I get an almost blank page with the notice "There are no results to show in this activity stream yet". If I go back into Firefox history I can open anything I've visited before, but get the same blank page if I try View New Content from any of these pages. I did look at a private message just before it started happening if that is relevant - I did also put a reply on the topic about boats being stern down. Trouble is I'm not sure I'll even get notice of any reply to this, so I'll just have to hope - for the reply and notice of it  ?

Tam

The server ran out of memory and when this happens ElasticSearch falls over and VNC dies until the service is manually restarted. Fortunately this hasn't been a regular occurrence as of recent

Normally the server runs at no more than 50% capacity but a brief spike is enough to cause this issue. The best way to prevent this is to increase capacity and obviously this would come at an additional expense. The income the forum receives by means of donations is typically just about enough to cover outgoings, sometimes with some shortfall necessitating the need to dip into reserve funds.

• Greenie 1