Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Thanks for comments

...It was originally professionally coach painted in Manchester red.....but that faded like mad ..so bad it looked like the whole boat was red oxide.

Me and the missus have flatted it down about a month ago and took it up the M6 motorwaybridge near us for a repaint. So far I've only done one coat of red...next I want to get all the cream bits done and finished...then I will do another coat of red. I used a 4" mohair roller.....I made sure of no direct sunlight and no wind...also did it on a coldish night. Anything other than that and it comes out crap/...without retarder.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm new here..this week.....read an awful lot of stuff....thought I'd better contribute so have added a few threads and thought a few pics would sort of fill peeps in. Mr. Speight might like to see some of these again. Boat has a bit of history....was originally a Brumagen boats hull built for a private customer and called "Buffoonery"...it was only young when it was set on fire in a dry dock and got totally torched....My Father-in-law Vic got the canal bug from somewhere and found out about this burnt out boat in a farm yard...off he went to buy it....we got a sort of sailaway fit out yourself jobby if you like. HUH. It was terrible. He made a frame to straighten the hull but before we could do that we had to cut the top off and scrap it. We ended up with a massive steel bath and an engine that been submerged for at least 5 years and was covered in molten rubber and plastic. The lads at Brinklow boats fitted a new semi trad top and a huge extra thick plate was welded on the bottom....Vic had a thing about Ballast....we wont need none of that rubbish in the bottom now he kept saying. I took teh motor to bits and was amazed..it was like new..well it was new...no water had got in..new bores and pistons...new crank...perfect...all gaskets and seals replaced..repainted and it was fine...i thought. Gearbox was the same...brand new...just some new seals from newage. We had the engine up and running in no time diesel peed everywhere..all the seals in the injector pup were shot aswell. Never mind it runs...we've got loads to do...Massive shot blast and epoxy..spray foam..full wire up..plumb..and fitout. There are loads of stories I could tell of the years spent rebuilding it...but anyway here it is. Its been cruising around the network for about 7 years on and off. Vic has fallen ill...I couldn't let it go when the mother-in-law wanted shot of it due to costs..so me and missus bought it for sentimental reasons....it owes me alot too..and of course it was her dads pride and joy.

right-side.JPG

bc-pics.JPG

bc-stove.JPG

din-kit2.JPG

front.JPG

top.JPG

engine.JPG

drive.JPG

Very Very nice a credit to you and your father inlaw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

voy10.jpg

voy11.jpg

voy13.jpg

voy12.jpg

Needs a wash down, bit dusty ATM

The boat is now finished, not bad for a boat painted by hand outside i think.

New kitchen and shower room is complete and im ready for my first holiday type trip this weekend!!!!!!

voy10.jpg

voy11.jpg

voy13.jpg

voy12.jpg

Needs a wash down, bit dusty ATM

The boat is now finished, not bad for a boat painted by hand outside i think.

New kitchen and shower room is complete and im ready for my first holiday type trip this weekend!!!!!!

Very nice ,no one but you will know the graft you have put in to get that finish. It was noticable at the primer stage how good it might look, well done :lol:

Thanks Abfab :lol: . Now I feel rotten because I wasn't half as complimentary about your daughter's paint job. I hope her modelling career is going well :lol:

Thats ok,no offence. Shes doing fine thanks.Our boat build starts July, so might see you next March on the water..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...