Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, midnight cowboy said:

I think the number starting 'D' is a clue that its not a frigate you were passing . . . 

Sometimes it pays to read all of a thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry for the newbie question, but is this a high well-deck, or a low tug-deck? (Or, perfectly usual and I'm betraying my ignorance?)

On 25/08/2022 at 12:25, SLC said:

Back when there was plenty of water and the boat was behaving itself. Look closely and you may see L plates. Moose 3 but paintwork needs attention which I know is par for the course.

Picture 1 July 2022 resized.jpg

Sorry for the late reply but it was described as a semi-traditional stern narrowboat with a nod to traditional tug boats and therefore has a tug style deck at the front. This deck is relatively long and high, nominally designed for storing cargo but for the leisure user it can be used for sitting outside but in British weather that might not be a good thing! Not to everyone's taste, there are compromises, but the design makes it look slightly different. 

As a tug, it does have a towing hook at the rear which may be useful but so far gets in the way with my knots.

12 hours ago, Francis Herne said:

Lark in a very unusual place for a narrowboat. @Captain Pegg this is the mark to beat on the Challenge I think! 😀 (only shallow-drafted boats need apply)

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-31 at 17.53.30.jpeg

I’m guessing that’s the remnants of the loop off the main line near Soho Jn with the recently cleared bridge hole behind.

43 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

I’m guessing that’s the remnants of the loop off the main line near Soho Jn with the recently cleared bridge hole behind.

Just so. Draft is a bit over 2ft in the tunnel, falling to 18" where Lark is stuck. Not too much debris, in particular no sign of anything under where the gate was.

Edited by Francis Herne

On 01/02/2023 at 09:14, Francis Herne said:

Just so. Draft is a bit over 2ft in the tunnel, falling to 18" where Lark is stuck. Not too much debris, in particular no sign of anything under where the gate was.

The draft might theoretically work as Vulpes is 2' static draft by design but combined with the narrow channel, square hull and near level trim it might make progress nigh on impossible.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Goliath said:

Great stuff

Id like to know where the photos were taken, please. 

The first one was moored in Portofino, Italy in 1970 when we were en route from Malta to Falmouth via the Canal du Midi.

Next was Port Cros island, France in 1973.

Then our mooring in Port Grimaud, France 1974 to 1976.

One of the Thames locks in 1998.

The final Braunston boat show, 1999.

Hyeres, France 2003.

Finally, Hurleston, 2021.

• 4 months later...
Just now, blackrose said:

Someone just sent me a picture of this boat. Not sure if it's been posted on the forum before or where it's moored.

The owner must be a right plonker.

IMG-20230730-WA0001.jpg

Think it moors on the Peak Forest Canal. There is also a boat moors down the the Fisheries pub at Copper Mill which has a Volkswagon ? As the wheelhouse 

15 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Someone just sent me a picture of this boat. Not sure if it's been posted on the forum before or where it's moored.

IMG-20230730-WA0001.jpg

Or has a sense of humour:)

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Or has a sense of humour:)

Definitely this. Yes, well known on the Peak Forest canal, pics are from the towpath moorings on the Whaley Bridge side of New Mills marina. Don't know if it's the same owner these days but pre-Covid when I last saw it on the move was at Bugsworth. Owner seemed a top chap.

7 minutes ago, blackrose said:

A sense of humour that anyone who got the joke in my post would also have. 🥴

I got the joke. Wasn't implying that you weren't jesting

eta: don't think LadyG was implying otherwise either 🙂

Edited by BilgePump

2 hours ago, blackrose said:

IMG-20230730-WA0001.jpg

Is that a Rodney boat? 😅🤣

4 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Definitely this. Yes, well known on the Peak Forest canal, pics are from the towpath moorings on the Whaley Bridge side of New Mills marina. Don't know if it's the same owner these days but pre-Covid when I last saw it on the move was at Bugsworth. Owner seemed a top chap.

It was up for sale some years back when we passed it 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...