Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, NigelMoore said:

That was a snide, ignorant and smartarse 

I was not necessary to say that.

It seems to me the remark to which you refer was intended as being light hearted.

If that is truly what it was, then the satisfaction of an imagined point-scoring will be its own reward, with my provoked response considered a bonus.

Sweeping that under the carpet, there is a certain irony in Ballymore using Gilgie as an icon of their scheme’s waterways credentials, given the notoriety of its connection with them and with their navigation authority partner. However Ballymore are seemingly dealing with me in good faith, so far, unlike CaRT.

Gilgie’s owner is a bit miffed that she wasn’t asked how she felt about this very public exposure, but I choose to consider it as a good-will gesture.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Casablanca Lily said:

My little widebeam Aurora. Bought it in August of last year. Was able to snap a few lovely pictures in the recent sunny weather. Currently moving onto it.

Hi CL welcome to the forum and congrats from me too, she's a real cutie and I'm sure will make a lovely home. 

10 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That's an unusually wide bit of canal

Some of us just have unusually wide canals, some of us also have mythical creatures and loch monsters so :P

• Happy 1

16 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Congrats CL! 

That's an unusually wide bit of canal. A river I imagine really. Not the Thames I don't think, but where is it!! 

Hi there! The photo was taken in Kingston upon Thames. :)

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Hi CL welcome to the forum and congrats from me too, she's a real cutie and I'm sure will make a lovely home. 

Some of us just have unusually wide canals, some of us also have mythical creatures and loch monsters so :P

Thank you! She needed a bit of love (new floors etc.) but I really like her! Will probably add some solar soon.

1 hour ago, Casablanca Lily said:

Well... it's Kingston upon Thames? It's gotta be the Rhine then.

Thanks. That’s just what i thought the Rhine. Just dint want to look an idiot. ?

Thanks for confirming!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, crosser said:

this is our little bit of heaven...     

thumbnail_WolverhamptonTopLock.jpg

All these years later (and the youngest ones are now 25 years old) a smartly turned out Springer is still pleasing to the eye

3 minutes ago, crosser said:

thankyou athy,  we love her and many dont but its surprising how many still survive.. ours is a 1989 vintage so getting on a bit....

I often wonder why Springers get such bad press when they seem to be pretty resilient, they're like the R2D2s of narrowboats, they just keep going and going. 

• 4 weeks later...