Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Dharl said:

An early morning picture of Honeystreet moored just below the VMs at The Folly at Napton.   

CCF8CD5F-953C-4982-958E-039F2CBC42CC.jpeg

In eleven years - so say 44 weeks - we never once used the gangplank on Honeystreet. Couldn't get the dog to walk down it!

She seems to be still looking well.

2 hours ago, frahkn said:

In eleven years - so say 44 weeks - we never once used the gangplank on Honeystreet. Couldn't get the dog to walk down it!

She seems to be still looking well.

Our last trip on Oberon (2001) before we bought a share in Honeystreet was on the Kennet and Avon. It was also the first canal holiday for the dog in my avatar. That was was the first and only trip I needed a gang plank to board.

The dog leapt off the boat as we moored on the first night, but coulnt get back on because he was scared to use the gang plank.

I left a trail of food treats along the gang plank. He stretched as far as he could whilst leaving one paw on the bank to eat them, but some were too far up the gang plank for him. Eventually greed overcame his concerns and he went up the plank to get to the final few treats..

For the rest of the holiday he was fine with the gang plank.

In his dotage he got vestibular disease which wrecked his balance, so for his final couple of trips he needed the plank to get on even when the boat was tight alongside a mooring.

On 28/02/2017 at 12:50, bargemast said:

Just discovered that I wrote "Linnet" which I copied from the text you wrote above the photo, while her name is "Linnit", I didn't look at the name that's painted on her.

Peter.

Well, it's L innit.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/05/2019 at 08:59, frahkn said:

Mrs Dharl has more problems with that gangplank than the dog.    The dog happily gallops up and down the gangplank, however try and avoid using it if we can! 

Not strictly our boat , however had these mugs made by a company called “my campervan .co.uk” which arrived today so thought I would show them off!   They had made some of our campervan last year which looked great as well! 

AA9FB049-50B5-459E-AC8F-65911CD19C3D.jpeg

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, Rickent said:

Hiding in the weeds at Foxton.

As soon as I saw this I heard David Attenborough's voice in my head saying - And here we have the lesser spotted narrowboat making a rare appearance out in the open..... venturing out but never far from the safety of it's natural habitat...... 

?

12 minutes ago, Dharl said:

Not strictly our boat , however had these mugs made by a company called “my campervan .co.uk” which arrived today so thought I would show them off!   They had made some of our campervan last year which looked great as well! 

AA9FB049-50B5-459E-AC8F-65911CD19C3D.jpeg

I have never seen a flatpack mug before ...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

As soon as I saw this I heard David Attenborough's voice in my head saying - And here we have the lesser spotted narrowboat making a rare appearance out in the open..... venturing out but never far from the safety of it's natural habitat...... 

?

???

• Haha 1

Not a narrow boat but it is my boat.  1963 Chris Craft Sea Skiff.  Photo is from 20+ year ago when I first got it.  Second one is of it now. In my shop undergoing a total  restoration.

Planning on a narrow boat in a few years when we retire.

f74qUi9l.jpg

t5Nb94Sl.jpg

mwq8llwl.jpg

• Greenie 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Kudzucraft said:

Not a narrow boat but it is my boat.  1963 Chris Craft Sea Skiff.  Photo is from 20+ year ago when I first got it.  Second one is of it now. In my shop undergoing a total  restoration.

Planning on a narrow boat in a few years when we retire.

f74qUi9l.jpg

t5Nb94Sl.jpg

mwq8llwl.jpg

Ah what a sweet wee boat ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/06/2019 at 12:36, NigelMoore said:

'Gilgie' as poster-boat for Ballymore's redevelopment of Brentford town centre, encouraging the belief that their plans enthusiastically embrace the waterfront -

gilgie brentford.jpg

are they encouraging the habit of growing shrubs on your rudder?  .....   presumably they prefer CMers in Brentford.

You cannot see 'Gilgie's rudder in that photo, let alone the stern. The pointy bit is normally referred to as the bow, not usually containing a rudder. The shrubbery is on the angled plank upstream of the boats, that diverts rubbish from accumulating between them.

That was a snide, ignorant and smartarse comment.

Besides which, the 3 boats alongside each other there are on permanent home moorings, outside of the licensing requirements of CaRT. CC'ing or CM'ing characterisations do not apply.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'm sure you know the boat, but it does look to have a 'swan-neck' tiller in the photo.

2.jpg

Surely that's the inboard boat, you can see what appears to be a well deck on the one in the foreground.

• Greenie 2

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I'm sure you know the boat . . .

Well I have been fighting (successfully) through the Courts for its rights to be there, with Ballymore and BW/CaRT, for some 15 years, and it is my home when in London, so yes, I do know the boat as well as anyone could.