Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

some might remember me as Dharl.    Well I lost the email address to that account and so I am back now with the really immingative name of Dharl2!

Picture is of N/B Honeystreet.  a 57ft Semi-Trad, reverse layout ex Ownerships built by Andrew Milburn in 2002.      She is now managed by BCBM and is currently based at Wigrams Turn, named after the hamlet on the K&A.     

13417546_1192237057467902_8273994698505977560_n.jpg

• Happy 1

20 hours ago, DHARL2 said:

Hello all,

some might remember me as Dharl.    Well I lost the email address to that account and so I am back now with the really immingative name of Dharl2!

Picture is of N/B Honeystreet.  a 57ft Semi-Trad, reverse layout ex Ownerships built by Andrew Milburn in 2002.      She is now managed by BCBM and is currently based at Wigrams Turn, named after the hamlet on the K&A.     

Welcome back.

As an ex Honeystreet owner I was pleased to see her looking well in Leicester a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, frahkn said:

Welcome back.

As an ex Honeystreet owner I was pleased to see her looking well in Leicester a few weeks ago.

Always good to find ex owners!   Think she was up at Leicester beginig of June, last week of June and first of July, Mrs Dharl and self took her around the Warwiickshire Ring and up the Ashby canal which was fantastic.      

23 hours ago, DHARL2 said:

Hello all,

Welcome back. Honeystreet is looking good. We are also at Wigrams Turn with Winthorpe- second year and maybe a third - so I may see you there.

Howard

Edited by howardang
Can't spell!

On 24/07/2018 at 13:15, DHARL2 said:

Always good to find ex owners!   Think she was up at Leicester beginig of June, last week of June and first of July, Mrs Dharl and self took her around the Warwiickshire Ring and up the Ashby canal which was fantastic.      

Welcome back Dharl, I am also an ex-Honeysteet (and ex-Oberon) ex-Ownerships owner. Indeed i think you may have bought my share back in early 2014. Davem399 is also a Honeystreet owner who occasionally posts on CWDF.

I saw Honeystreet recently whilst walking my dog near Alvecote,  so presumably was you on board. If so you must have passed my boat and house.

• Happy 1

On 25/07/2018 at 19:01, cuthound said:

Welcome back Dharl, I am also an ex-Honeysteet (and ex-Oberon) ex-Ownerships owner. Indeed i think you may have bought my share back in early 2014. Davem399 is also a Honeystreet owner who occasionally posts on CWDF.

I saw Honeystreet recently whilst walking my dog near Alvecote,  so presumably was you on board. If so you must have passed my boat and house.

Thank you, yes it was me who bought your share.    We came down the Coventry end of June before heading up the Ashby as part of doing the Warwickshire Ring.    Boat still going well, though on going through Brum had to go down the weedhatch 5 times in one day.....doubled my total time down the hatch since I bought our share!    

23 minutes ago, DHARL2 said:

Thank you, yes it was me who bought your share.    We came down the Coventry end of June before heading up the Ashby as part of doing the Warwickshire Ring.    Boat still going well, though on going through Brum had to go down the weedhatch 5 times in one day.....doubled my total time down the hatch since I bought our share!    

When I bought DQ she came with a "Prop Protector" already fitted. I was sceptical at first but in the 4 years I have had her I have only been down the weedhatch twice.

Once, soon after I bought her when she picked something up on the prop when I engaged reverse as another boat was closer to the bridge hole than me. Engine laboured, much black smoke and partial loss of steering. I limped to the side, opened the weedhatch and found... nothing. Replaced weedhatch and cruised away normally. I guess I didn't give the "Prop Protector" enough time to do its work before I decided to open the weedhatch.

The second time was pulling into Streethay Wharf  for fuel when the engine stalled. Turned out I had a complete cratch cover wrapped around the prop, which was more than the "Prop Protector" could cope with. Took ages to remove ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I got this boat as a burnt out shell. I was told some youths set fire to it in Halifax. It was owned by a policeman. Any information relating to its history would be welcome. Her original name was Anne B and was built by David Brownie and sons in 2005. It's taken 3 years to transform her. More pics in gallery. Thanks

IMG_20181111_084923_opt.jpg

IMG_20181115_085456.jpg

IMG_20181111_083819_opt.jpg

IMG_20181111_083556_opt.jpg

IMG_20181111_083424_opt.jpg

IMG_20181010_101959 (1)_opt.jpg

• Greenie 3

28 minutes ago, Trina said:

Any information relating to its history would be welcome.

You have done a wonderful job, I love all the wood. She looks so warm and cozy. :D

You say that you are looking for some information about her history and I wonder if this doesn't warrant its own thread, perhaps you could start a new topic in general boating that way you can give it a specific title to your thread, I just say this because your request is likely to get lost in this thread and sink out of sight as new post are made. 

Edited by Tumshie
splung

Hiya this is my boat Drifter :) 

57.5ft along with me, husband and two cats. 

I'm a licenced trader, crafting my wares in Crochet (that's knitting with one stick with a bent end to the uninitiated ?) and I'm a keen photographer. We've been fully cc for the last 4 years and the nomadic way of life suits my trader needs. 

20170729_173446.jpg

2 hours ago, TheHappyHooker said:

Hiya this is my boat Drifter :)

57.5ft along with me, husband and two cats. 

I'm a licenced trader, crafting my wares in Crochet (that's knitting with one stick with a bent end to the uninitiated ?) and I'm a keen photographer. We've been fully cc for the last 4 years and the nomadic way of life suits my trader needs. 

20170729_173446.jpg

Welcome Happy Hooker (and of course, your two cats and husband).

• 5 weeks later...