Photos of your boat.

DHutch

Featured Posts

Notice the fully trained member of staff. Not only does the windlass work and gate shuving but walks the dog at the same time. I did however have to get off the boat on this occasion to take the piccie!!

WP_20171014_16_43_18_Pro.jpg

38 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Notice the fully trained member of staff. Not only does the windlass work and gate shuving but walks the dog at the same time. I did however have to get off the boat on this occasion to take the piccie!!

WP_20171014_16_43_18_Pro.jpg

It would appear that your lovely staff member is indicating to you with a hand gesture.

9 hours ago, Joe Bourke said:

Another one of them effing widebeams.

IMAG0175.jpg

Very nice and on a PROPER waterway :cheers:

11 hours ago, Grace & Favour said:

It would appear that your lovely staff member is indicating to you with a hand gesture.

Yow Dave :cheers: Whats all this NEW member nonsense? Glad ya back :D

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

But without doubt far prettier than any sewer tube surely? Certainly more of a boat shaped boat.

I look at the upright bow and expect a chunky stern. I look at the stern and expect a racing yacht bow.  The cabin structures have a totally flat look.  And personally I don't like arched windows even though I suspect they are far more practical than the horizontal. Its neat and tidy, but beautiful? Not quite, to my taste.

14 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

I look at the upright bow and expect a chunky stern. I look at the stern and expect a racing yacht bow.  The cabin structures have a totally flat look.  And personally I don't like arched windows even though I suspect they are far more practical than the horizontal. Its neat and tidy, but beautiful? Not quite, to my taste.

Yeah I don't like the windows must admit. Far comfier to live on than my sewer tube though me thinks and moored in one of my fave locations where I am going again this year. I havnt been there on a boat since 2000 I don't think?

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yeah I don't like the windows must admit. Far comfier to live on than my sewer tube though me thinks and moored in one of my fave locations where I am going again this year. I havnt been there on a boat since 2000 I don't think?

Now if we were to have a cumfyest competition, that would be a different question. Perhaps in two categories, narrowboat and all-comers.

10 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Now if we were to have a cumfyest competition, that would be a different question. Perhaps in two categories, narrowboat and all-comers.

Well we could start by inventing time travel and go back two hundred and a few years and exterminate the TW--s who decided on a seven foot beam and only allow those who built sensible canals :D

We Moor in Goole on the Aire & Calder. Inland we can go as far as Leeds, Wakefield, Linton on Ouse, and have been to the Riverside Festival in Nottingham. We go down the Humber, and have called in at Hull, and the Ancholme. We are 60ft,  our draft is 4ft, our beam 14ft, and our lowest airdraft is 10ft. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Bourke said:

We Moor in Goole on the Aire & Calder. Inland we can go as far as Leeds, Wakefield, Linton on Ouse, and have been to the Riverside Festival in Nottingham. We go down the Humber, and have called in at Hull, and the Ancholme. We are 60ft,  our draft is 4ft, our beam 14ft, and our lowest airdraft is 10ft. 

And in reality that is further than most 57 foot narrowboat owners have travelled!! :)

1 hour ago, Joe Bourke said:

And it's a fine looking boat as I think I have said to you on the 'Boat of Thunder'.

4 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

which just goes to show that you don't have an eye for classical boat/ship design.

The naval architect did an utterly lovely job.

19 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

which just goes to show that you don't have an eye for classical boat/ship design.

The naval architect did an utterly lovely job.

Wasn't a 'Royal' Naval architect then..............no gun!!

I like the overall shape of the boat. Bet it's nice 'indoors' as well.