Ballinger

Sarahafloat

Featured Posts

Sarah, hello. Are you the lady I met at Braunston a couple of weeks ago when I was walking our dog?

You had " Ballinger" on your jacket and I think a boat named Ballinger was in the dry dock at bottom lock.

Edited by Ray T

1 hour ago, Sarahafloat said:

Thank you, still struggling to find out how I make new posts! ?

Top of the page beside "reply to this topic" - Start new topic. Or 'reply' to this topic.

You'll soon get the hang of it.

Cracking boat Grommet. Phil has done a great job on the Knobstick roses.

Edited by Derek R.

Hi Sarah

As Rob pointed out my father Max Sinclair built Ballinger back in the late 60's with the help from Albert Brookes who had the other half of the hull to build Glenfield

some info is here https://worcestervista.com/index.php/mechanics/renovating-ballinger/ and here https://www.ballinger.online/historic-narrowboat-history

I hope you enjoy your boat and one day might see you on the Droitwich Canals (another of Dad's projects) 

Regards

Ian

Thank you all, yes indeed, Mark and I, are the current curators of the lovely Ballinger built from the Joey Max Sinclair pulled out of the cut. She’s moored at Alvecote where we are now with raddle paint and sanding tools of all descriptions, hoping for rain free days.  Ian, I hope we can meet one day, you feature in some of the photographs!  I’m looking for Alan Walker, on this forum, who owns Glenfield and is, apparently doing much more than painting.

• Greenie 2

4 hours ago, Sarahafloat said:

Thank you all, yes indeed, Mark and I, are the current curators of the lovely Ballinger built from the Joey Max Sinclair pulled out of the cut. She’s moored at Alvecote where we are now with raddle paint and sanding tools of all descriptions, hoping for rain free days.  Ian, I hope we can meet one day, you feature in some of the photographs!  I’m looking for Alan Walker, on this forum, who owns Glenfield and is, apparently doing much more than painting.

Im green with envy but delighted to see Ballinger, I hope you post more of the restoration.