Car polisher / buffer ?

Featured Posts

Seen many people using them with good results, but would check how thick your paint is first. If its thin then dont.

i suspect getting the paint very clean first is critical.

Polytrol oil might be an alternative as it doesnt remove paint. Its all we dare use now, but I can see the undercoat in spots so dare not polish.

Friend has just used one to good result on very faded paintwork. Boat paint is generally thicker than car paintwork, with larger flat surfaces which help with electric polishing.

On the other hand, the paint is a lot softer so care needed not to burn it! Also need to make sure you avoid sharp corners. 

I use battery powered Ryobi mop/buffer to apply wax, remove wax with very good results ....for my shoulder. Safer too. No cord to worry about.

Edited by mark99

10 minutes ago, mark99 said:

I've got one of those, first time I used it on the boat I found the battery didn't clip on very well and it fell off. Fortunately where I was moored there was a ledge and the battery dropped on there so I didn't lose it in the cut.

• Haha 1

Just as well not cheap! My battery does clip up secure.

I'm no ryobi "fanboy" tho. I have used other of their stuff and it's not that great. 

The buffer however is not a highly stressed piece of kit.

I wrecked their pathetic battery chainsaw and extended hedge trimmer. Now got proper Dewalt kit to replace.

Edited by mark99