Scottish Sellers

Charleigh_Blue

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Charleigh_Blue said:

Hey everyone! New here and struggling to find good places to buy liveaboard boat in Scotland. Looking into having 1 transported on land but just thought i’ D check in here for good links/sites etc. Cheers

There are very few canal boats in Scotland, and of those 'few' even fewer are liveaboard boat so you are looking at a small number of a small number.

If you are looking at road transport does it matter where you buy it from ?

Have you checked the Liveboard regulations in Scotland - I'm pretty sure you can only liveaboard if you have a paid for official mooring from the BW Scotland.

Yeah i’ve been looking into it and there are some available. Seems you need a mooring to even get a license. I’m about to start a full time job so reckon i’d Take a mooring for a few months to do any repairs/renovations etc easily on days off but I reckon there are easier ways to find a work around in Scotland due to how few people are doing liveaboard. Though security is indeed a bit of a thing to think about.

On 22/05/2021 at 14:26, Charleigh_Blue said:

Hey everyone! New here and struggling to find good places to buy liveaboard boat in Scotland. Looking into having 1 transported on land but just thought i’ D check in here for good links/sites etc. Cheers

To the best of my knowledge there are currently 3 boats for sale on the Lowland Canals (having recently done a wee bit of research on behalf of people in a similar situation as you). A nb circa £80,000; a wide beam (forgotten the price) and another nb at £34,000 currently under offer. These were all realistic prices considering age, spec, quality, etc. The latter was taken for a test run last Friday and I expect to hear the outcome in the next couple of days. Meanwhile you might look at the Narrowboat Farm and Community Moorings Scotland (CMS) websites to get an idea of alternative moorings. CMS are also in negotiation with Scottish Canals for additional sites to manage.