Cassiob.

mark99

Featured Posts

We used to moor by Grove bridge Quite regularly before they converted it. Late 90s and early 00s. There was a police dog training unit based there. I used to park car half way down the lane before the bridge. It was reported as being abandoned and I had a call from the rozzzers. 

Happy days. Interesting area I particularly like the large waterwheel powered pumps (derelict) one of them by the sharp bend Watford side of Grove bridge the other one is further up in the bushes between M25 spur bridge and Hunton bridge.

Great big iron wheels quite impressive really. I think they were to do with the watercress beds. 

The Grove is actually not the stately home connected to Cassiobury park. There was another one there but it's gone. Not investigated but as far as I know there is nothing left of it. 

There are some impressive trees around in the woods there including some very large old sweet chestnut trees which I guess may have been part of the grounds when it was a private dwelling. 

The image in Wikipedia shows a house which is considerably more impressive than the Grove. Demolished in 1927 apparently.

12731611_Screenshot_20210523-0954062.png.66514bfd3cc0a8ed34f89325ce126460.png

Edited by magnetman