Double mooring etiquette?

PubTrawler

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

On the Thames at an IWA national Rally Beal Park, I think these were in the pond. This is a later one with us lesser mortals moored on the river

DSCF4249.JPG

Ah yes I remember it well, we were moored in the pond as part of the Dutch barge section.

Keith

3 hours ago, john6767 said:

True, but in the pond it is not really the same as being on the actual river.

Except that that picture was the river. Normal etiquette doesn't really apply because it was an event and boats weren't likely to be moving for some days.

Hopefully they would have deployed their anchors as a cautionary measure for when the Salter's boats were passing!

Keith

Edited by Steilsteven

23 minutes ago, Steilsteven said:

Except that that picture was the river. Normal etiquette doesn't really apply because it was an event and boats weren't likely to be moving for some days.

Hopefully they would have deployed their anchors as a cautionary measure for when the Salter's boats were passing!

Keith

The ones the comment was about was in a pond at Beale Park, the later one was on the river Thames and no there were no anchors out as far as I can remember.

DSCF6541.JPG.12f13843dbb170e23001cba7f6d180cd.JPGCavelcade in London

20 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

On the Thames at an IWA national Rally Beal Park, I think these were in the pond. This is a later one with us lesser mortals moored on the river

DSCF4249.JPG

How can you refer to @Albion as a lesser mortal ?

20 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

@Albion ?

Edited by Loddon

16 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

The ones the comment was about was in a pond at Beale Park, the later one was on the river Thames and no there were no anchors out as far as I can remember.

DSCF6541.JPG.12f13843dbb170e23001cba7f6d180cd.JPGCavelcade in London

The one that Naughty Cal made her comment about was the one of the boats moored on the Thames but never mind.

Keith

On 20/05/2021 at 12:58, Rob-M said:

Only 3 deep on the Walsall

IMG_20210514_184617285_HDR.jpg.d481d8539f332c8bce386e6ec39fb565.jpg

You should have seen what most of the boats were moored to, We were lucky we had a couple of bollards.

12 minutes ago, Steilsteven said:

The one that Naughty Cal made her comment about was the one of the boats moored on the Thames but never mind.

Keith

I do apologise to @Naughty Cal she is of course correct.

4 hours ago, Loddon said:

How can you refer to @Albion as a lesser mortal ?

@Albion ?

Yes, that was the time that the club booked some of the very first moorings available at the rally only to find that we were moored as far from the show as possible whereas others who had only booked a few weeks before were centrally moored.............hhmmmm. Yep, Albion moored bank-side and all the other riff-raff breasted up. ?

Roger

3 minutes ago, Albion said:

Yes, that was the time that the club booked some of the very first moorings available at the rally only to find that we were moored as far from the show as possible whereas others who had only booked a few weeks before were centrally moored.............hhmmmm. Yep, Albion moored bank-side and all the other riff-raff breasted up. ?

Roger

Watch out for the woodpeckers on the Thames

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Albion said:

Roger

I remember it well, with IWA festivals its never what you know but always who you know. 

22 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I remember it well, with IWA festivals its never what you know but always who you know. 

That certainly seemed to be the case when I was part of a club booking. I think in almost every one the group I was with were furthest out for the actual festival.

Haggis

10 minutes ago, haggis said:

That certainly seemed to be the case when I was part of a club booking. I think in almost every one the group I was with were furthest out for the actual festival.

Haggis

I remember Preston Brook where they wanted you to moor beyond their reserved mooring but still charge you, at least I think it was you

Edited by ditchcrawler

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

I remember Preston Brook where they wanted you to moor beyond their reserved mooring but still charge you

That was just one of many,! I took it up with the IWA and got a weasel words reply.  At Preston  Brook we actually paid to moor in the marina where we launched. 

Haggis

The classic mooring fracas was at Worcester, they marked out the moorings startin at both ends, when they met in the middle that was exactly where our "club" moorings were due to be but were not. Suffice to say there were some choice words said in the waterspace office that day along the lines of what a complete bunch of incompetant w###ers. I dont think I was ever forgiven for that. It was the year that waterspace was changed to wasteofspace ;)

Just now, Loddon said:

The classic mooring fracas was at Worcester, they marked out the moorings startin at both ends, when they met in the middle that was exactly where our "club" moorings were due to be but were not. Suffice to say there were some choice words said in the waterspace office that day along the lines of what a complete bunch of incompetant w###ers. I dont think I was ever forgiven for that. It was the year that waterspace was changed to wasteofspace ;)

I remember it well, I was on a we tug 

2 minutes ago, haggis said:

Were you not in a caravan that year? We were and I seem to remember you being on the caravan site

haggis

Yes, I got the train back to Stafford boat club, collected RR and van then drove back to Worcester where Diana was sitting with our bags and dogs

• Greenie 1