Isuzu drive plate replacement

Featured Posts

Hi all. Now I've sorted the stern step drain, next thing on the list is the rattly drive plate... I was aware of the noise and impending replacement when I bought the boat, but clunk has recently got worse at idle so it's time to pull the 'box and replace the plate before the vibes nuke the gearbox, or it disintegrates.

I've got an Isuzu 3KC1 mated to a PRM Delta 20 hydraulic gearbox and a Centaflex propshaft coupling. So I can order a new plate, does anyone have any idea what SAE the engine's flywheel is? I'm assuming it's an SAE bolt pattern at least, early 90s Japanese engine! 

R&D think it's either an SAE 7 1/2 or 8 but both of the options are on back order so I can't just send one back. Haven't heard back from anyone else yet...

Don't really want to have to pull the box out, order the plate and then wait for delivery before I can get it reassembled. The workshop manual doesn't show an end elevation annoyingly! Or if anyone has a link to a CAD file of the engine I'd also be eternally grateful. Thanks!

Edited by cheesegas

R&D do turn round orders very quickly normally. You could re-drill the plate if the pcd is not correct. I am surprised that R&D don't supply with multiple drillings anyway, most are.

I am thinking that you are not fitting a spring type plate with an hydraulic box, a cush drive plate is preferable.

Thanks for the tip on the input shaft spline, I’ll check it carefully. 

Yeah, I was surprised when the there wasn’t a universal drilled one, stupidly I didn’t ask about the lead time though! Will call back today. And yep, it’s a cush plate. 

• Greenie 1