It's back again!!!!!!!

David Mack

Featured Posts

It is true to say that the boat was moored adjcent to the scene of a crime, but there was no indication that its owners were in any way involved.

How long is it since it was last sold? The current owners must have tired of it very quickly.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

It is true to say that the boat was moored adjcent to the scene of a crime, but there was no indication that its owners were in any way involved.

How long is it since it was last sold? The current owners must have tired of it very quickly.

We dont know for sure that it was sold as this is the original seller.

We also dont know for sure that this person is allowed to sell this boat, or if they still own it.

35 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Reported to ebay and CRT as boat is currently under enforcement process.

Just curious:

How do you know this boat is under the enforcement process? 

Why should being under enforcement mean the boat cannot be sold? I would have thought CRT would want this as a new owner is more likely to pay the bills.

3 hours ago, frangar said:

I think perhaps it’s best we don’t speculate on anything given the seriousness of the crime. 

Well maybe 'at the centre' was a bit strong but it sure seems very curious that a boat that was photographed adjacent to the scene of the crime, this being a fact not speculation suddenly pops up for sale on eBay, yet again.

Edited by The Happy Nomad

This boat is good for someone, who have knowledge about the boats, have a mooring or  hard standing and can carry on work with outboard engine.

Well that's one way of saying its a white elephant.

10 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Judging by the number of times it hasn't sold on ebay, I'm not sure it is good for anyone.

It's just not been offered near to true value. (Scrap value less transport costs to smelter).

Edited by mark99
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The boat has been released by the Police,  lifted out and trucked to a CRT yard awaiting auction.

The auction should be very interesting. Do we know where these seized boats are auctioned off?

15 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The boat has been released by the Police,  lifted out and trucked to a CRT yard awaiting auction.

I wonder if anyone was taken In by the eBay sale? I guess it didn’t have the right to be sold on there if CRT have now impounded it. 

34 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The auction should be very interesting. Do we know where these seized boats are auctioned off?

Isn't it somewhere in the vicinity of Chester or Bristol, (they have companies in both areas that deal with their 'salvaged' boats.

This is one of the firms (the Chester one)

Commercial Boat Services | Boat Brokers | Boats and Outboards

CBS have certified dive contract administrators who coordinate the local contract dive team with our skilled operatives using their skills with our powerful pumps and underwater salvage equipment. CBS are the national term contractors to the Canal and River Trust for all their salvage work on the rivers and canals of England and Wales. This is delivered through a fast response team that are both familiar and experienced with the dangers of the surface and sub-surface operations.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

7 minutes ago, Feeby100 said:

Does any one know what happened then with the alleged murder ? 

Probably now covered by the sub-judice laws, between someone being arrested, or charged and a conviction. Limits what can be published to avoid prejudicing a trial. Hence why these things go quiet.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Feeby100 said:

Does any one know what happened then with the alleged murder ? 

I think the latest news is that a 34 year old man has been charged with murder, and a 41 year old woman has been released on bail. I wouldn't necesssarily expect to hear anything more for a while yet.