Car Parking - Great Haywood Vicinity

system 4-50

Featured Posts

I'd like to start and end a week's cruise near Gt Haywood so I need to be able to park 2 cars for a week and be able to load and unload stuff at the start & end.  Is this something that a marina like Gt Haywood could provide, it seems silly because at this time of year I would expect them to be full of cars from long term moorers and low on boats.  If they did it, what could I expect it to cost?

I have no experience of dealing with marinas so I'm nervous of approaching them without some idea of what to expect.  

All comments welcome.

33 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Try the Anglo Welsh base on the start of the S&W.

There are also 2 big pubs in the town with car parks.

I can't think of a second pub in Great Haywood other than the Clifford Arms.   Which is the other please?

I have parked a car on the  road through the village, outside the church. Only place I could find. There is a path that runs from between the church and the school down to the canal, but it's a bit of a walk so only worth it if you can carry all your belongings in one trip.

You could park the cars in the cafe'/farm shop car park at the garden centre which is on the offside by Bridge 74. It's free and I can't remember seeing any signs about no overnight parking. When we moored opposite there last week there were several cars in there overnight. There are about 5 mooring spaces above the bridge (opposite the car park) and you'd probably be okay parking on the road by the bridge to load/unload. Alternatively you'd probably get away with mooring briefly the other side of the bridge to move your gear, but it's on a water point which might make you unpopular.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Great+Haywood,+Stafford/@52.8052725,-2.0084957,82m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487a0ccb640e8131:0xb12df0d0fe7f85a9!8m2!3d52.807607!4d-2.000361

An alternative place to park would be the Clifford Arms pub car park as half of it is designated as a free public car park for the village.

6 minutes ago, Grassman said:

You could park the cars in the cafe'/farm shop car park at the garden centre which is on the offside by Bridge 74. It's free and I can't remember seeing any signs about no overnight parking. When we moored opposite there last week there were several cars in there overnight. There are about 5 mooring spaces above the bridge (opposite the car park) and you'd probably be okay parking on the road by the bridge to load/unload. Alternatively you'd probably get away with mooring briefly the other side of the bridge to move your gear, but it's on a water point which might make you unpopular.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Great+Haywood,+Stafford/@52.8052725,-2.0084957,82m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487a0ccb640e8131:0xb12df0d0fe7f85a9!8m2!3d52.807607!4d-2.000361

An alternative place to park would be the Clifford Arms pub car park as half of it is designated as a free public car park for the village.

It isn't free, there are signs that say for cafe and farm shop users only. There is a daily charge if not using the cafe or farm shop however, I don't know if they enforce it. I have seen camper vans parked in there overnight.

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

It isn't free, there are signs that say for cafe and farm shop users only. There is a daily charge if not using the cafe or farm shop however, I don't know if they enforce it. I have seen camper vans parked in there overnight.

My wife parked there for a few days a year or three ago. We paid for the parking, it's secure and friendly. I suspect they would enforce it for overnight stays, but it wasn't expensive.