Thanks to CRT

Rob-M

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Leaving Walsall on Sunday morning,  just moving out the Top Lock when Scorpio stuck solid. Thanks to Alan the CRT guy who was checking the water levels he got a couple of saws from his van and quickly removed the obstruction.

IMG_20210516_083220256_HDR.jpg.47a7ff36e4454bff8cabf308b55de90b.jpg

After removal

IMG_20210516_083704985.jpg.2595805f9b1bc8ebcb7392edaf09c51c.jpg

Did you see about David, they drained the pound to sort him out https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10159777730155798&id=555960797

Edited by ditchcrawler
Add link
  • Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, Keeping Up said:

Where was that?

It’s the pound between locks 8 and 7 at Walsall (that’s the lower two locks). @Rob-M and I have history there having been stuck twice in three attempted passages of lock no. 7.

I suspect that folks pull up in vehicles in the middle of the night and deposit things over the bridge into the canal.

We had made it to the top without incident as the first boat up on Sunday morning and were just congratulating ourselves on a rare uneventful passage of the flight and got stuck exiting the top lock. Thanks to the CRT guy we only lost 15 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

It’s the pound between locks 8 and 7 at Walsall (that’s the lower two locks). @Rob-M and I have history there having been stuck twice in three attempted passages of lock no. 7.

I suspect that folks pull up in vehicles in the middle of the night and deposit things over the bridge into the canal.

We had made it to the top without incident as the first boat up on Sunday morning and were just congratulating ourselves on a rare uneventful passage of the flight and got stuck exiting the top lock. Thanks to the CRT guy we only lost 15 minutes.

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I saw that but I thought it would have been a bit unfair to claim the prize for recognising them.

I note we were trailing weeds around the skeg there, no problems with the prop though, was simply pushing the stern back into deeper water after it drifted into the bank while we were waiting for the traffic jam to clear.

You pushed a small island up the Walsall, @Rob-M may have a picture.

10 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

I saw that but I thought it would have been a bit unfair to claim the prize for recognising them.

I note we were trailing weeds around the skeg there, no problems with the prop though, was simply pushing the stern back into deeper water after it drifted into the bank while we were waiting for the traffic jam to clear.

You pushed a small island up the Walsall, @Rob-M may have a picture.

I know, I saw it. Did you ride over that branch right across the cut?

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I know, I saw it. Did you ride over that branch right across the cut?

Yes we went over the branch, it gave the rudder a good whack.

Your weed pushing...

IMG_20210515_142204592.jpg.e59fad5d31505110a21b87238e21a966.jpg