Best Boatwarming Gift

David Mack

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

I have been asked for ideas for a boatwarming gift for someone who has just bought their first narrowboat. My first thought was a Dunton Double windlass, but these are no longer available. 

Anyone got any other suggestions? 

I would agree with the dunton double. A chap sells em on here. I bought another from him a couple or so years ago do you want me to try and work out who it is?

8 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I have been asked for ideas for a boatwarming gift for someone who has just bought their first narrowboat. My first thought was a Dunton Double windlass, but these are no longer available. 

Anyone got any other suggestions? 

Sent you a pm.

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I would agree with the dunton double. A chap sells em on here. I bought another from him a couple or so years ago do you want me to try and work out who it is?

Already been in touch with him. None left unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Rosie and jim dolls

Is that my coat over there :)

Boater in question would have been a small child when R&J were on the telly. Don't know whether that means they would or wouldn't appreciate the suggestion!?

• Greenie 1

16 hours ago, David Mack said:

Boater in question would have been a small child when R&J were on the telly. Don't know whether that means they would or wouldn't appreciate the suggestion!?

In that case get them some Rosie and Jim DVD's! ??

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosie-Jim-Bumper-Pack-DVD/dp/B018G7NXUC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?

20 hours ago, David Mack said:

I have been asked for ideas for a boatwarming gift for someone who has just bought their first narrowboat.

17 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Large stack of £20 notes - they're going to need them ...

It'll only end in tears - A can of petrol and some matches   ?️?

Tam

Edited by Tam & Di

Strong neodymium magnet on a bit of rope. It's the sort of thing you put off buying as it's not needed for any purpose right now, and then you really, really need it when keys/tools/glasses end up in the canal. Mine was about £15 for a kit from eBay. 

• Greenie 2

2 hours ago, cheesegas said:

Strong neodymium magnet on a bit of rope. It's the sort of thing you put off buying as it's not needed for any purpose right now, and then you really, really need it when keys/tools/glasses end up in the canal. Mine was about £15 for a kit from eBay. 

Got mine from @magnetman