Isuzu 35 not self priming/bleeding

D101001

Featured Posts

Greetings

After a recent service I think I air locked the engine. I have run the engine in the 1 position but I don't hear any noise of the pump. It doesn't appear to be airlocked up to the fuel injector now as I bled the filters of air. 

Does anyone know what order to bleed the injectors in? Or how to remove the airlock without the self bleed. Any advice?

Cheers

7 minutes ago, D101001 said:

Greetings

After a recent service I think I air locked the engine. I have run the engine in the 1 position but I don't hear any noise of the pump. It doesn't appear to be airlocked up to the fuel injector now as I bled the filters of air. 

Does anyone know what order to bleed the injectors in? Or how to remove the airlock without the self bleed. Any advice?

Cheers

By posn 1 do you mean the ignition switch on?  If so you should hear the electric pump.

Could you have disconnected a wire whilst working?  Is the multiplug on the loom properly mated?

Had you changed the small filter in the rear of the pump under the bayonet cap?

Isuzi pump is is auto bleeding providing you pump fuel into it.

Yes, sorry position one on the ignition. Thing is I don't hear the electric pump, tbh I cant ever remember hearing it. I did check that I didn't disconnect any wiring and it all looks fine. I'm not 100% sure I know what "properly mated" means tbh but there doesn't look like there's wear, seems connected not frayed etc.

I changed the secondary fuel filter. I didn't realise there was a filter on the pump? How would I find this ?

Appreciate the post btw, thanks

In the wiring loom between engine and control panel there is at least one multiplug that has a nasty habit of coming apart if disturbed and taking the power off the engine so it will not run.

If you have the usual electric fuel pump, the end is a bayonet cap under which is a filter. Press and twist to release.

I have a screw on filter....so I fill it with fresh fuel before spinning it back on.

That usually does the trick...but on a few occasions I have slackened one or two of the pipes at the injectors and turned over the engine. As it starts to fire I tighten them.

7 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

In the wiring loom between engine and control panel there is at least one multiplug that has a nasty habit of coming apart if disturbed and taking the power off the engine so it will not run.

If you have the usual electric fuel pump, the end is a bayonet cap under which is a filter. Press and twist to release.

I'll try that fuel pump filter, thanks. Is there something I can do at the minute, clean it etc or is replacing the only option?