YouTube Vloggers

matty40s

Featured Posts

On 16/05/2021 at 21:15, booke23 said:

CRT could ban drones being operated from their property, however as they don't own the sky above their property there would be nothing to stop a drone operator simply standing on the other side of the hedge and flying over the canal.    

As I understand it the general rules on drones probably exclude flying over canals without permission.

I have just received the You Tube new T & Cs which will no doubt affect all of these Vloggery people :

You’re receiving this email because we’re updating the YouTube Terms of Service (“Terms”) to clarify our terms and provide transparency to our users. The Terms were similarly updated in the United States in November 2020. These changes shouldn't significantly alter your access or use of the YouTube service.

A summary of the changes:
  • Facial recognition restrictions: The Terms of Service already state that you cannot collect any information that might identify a person without their permission. While this has always included facial recognition information, the new Terms make that explicitly clear.
  • YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Program.
  • Royalty payments and tax withholding: For creators entitled to revenue payments, such payments will be treated as royalties from a U.S. tax perspective and Google will withhold taxes where required by law.

Please make sure you read the updates to the Terms carefully. The new Terms will take effect on June 1, 2021 for users outside the U.S. By continuing to use YouTube after this date, you are agreeing to the new Terms. Please note, if you allow your child to use YouTube Kids, then you are agreeing to the new Terms on behalf of your child as well.

No filming any 'passers by' or anyone with whom you do not have permision to film.

You tube will insert ads at random places in your video.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

On 17/05/2021 at 10:05, Jennifer McM said:

The best Vlogger by far is David (Cruising the Cut). He's down to earth and very practical. There's always something to learn on his vids, and he's well worth watching.

Something to learn like "the shower's fine as it is....!"?

34 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

As I understand it the general rules on drones probably exclude flying over canals without permission.

There are no rules to preclude this, at least recreationally. 

The general rules are rather complicated since January 2021 and depend on the weight of the drone. For instance there used to be a requirement to not fly within 50 meters of people not under your control, however this is no longer required with drones that weigh under 250g.

8 hours ago, JonesBoy said:

Since Jan 2021 there is no authorisation required from the CAA for commercial use for drones up to 25kg.

All that’s required is an Operator ID and Flyer ID and to follow the other rules based on weight of the drone.

For commercial use an operator need Public liability insurance and if pilot is using video footage commercially than despite a drone being under 250g then it can’t be classed as a toy and ergo must have Operational Authorisation.

As we all know, there are various types of Vloggers on the cut and many of them.

Mainly due to the absolute crap on mainstream TV recently, I have watched most Vloggers and favour the ones who are apparently not on any form of money making or sales agenda. I find these are the most realistic and down to earth informative ones.

Those with agendas, promotions and other crap such as Patreon are obviously making plenty of money out of the game, good luck to them, but I am not interested.

My opinion only...

I get bored easily and although I watched all of 'Cruising the Cut' I eventually had enough of his whining about any noise and traffic as well as the cheese sandwich agenda so i moved on.

'Minimal List' was good in the beginning until it degenerated into 20 minute videos of two people in front of the camera moaning about whatever they could, so that got binned. Some thing about making a dog vegetarian seems not right either.

'Floating our Boat' was all good until they pleaded poverty and also pushed the eco agenda a bit to far. Whilst pretending they could not afford things they were secretly having a brand new boat built.

Anyone who allows his partner to dictate that he cannot have Marmite because the jar has a plastic lid doesnt deserve to be watched.

'Boating Beyond' was really interesting in the beginning as they portrayed a genuine younger couple new to narrow boats and learning as they went along. They had a crap boat but they loved and made the best of it. Unfortunately they soon went the way of all the rest on a secret money making agenda which seemed to involve pleading poverty whilst buying a nice new boat. It seems that they are somewhat disliked as they now try to hide their whereabouts or movement plans, difficult to do on a well known canal system. Anyway i found it all false so in the bin they went.

There are many similar to the above and anyone who continually tries to make me press 'like' and subscribe soon gets dismissed.

I am currently following two favourites who I find genuine and very down to earth. There is no money making agenda, no paid advertising and nothing false about them. I like the fact that they show their mistakes and issues as well as everything else, no clever editing involved either.

'Narrowboat Will' and 'Boat Dog Traveller' are for me the most informative of them all.

I also watch 'Taylors Aboard' when I need a good laugh but unfortunately they have become another Patreon driven team. Anyone who is so stupid as to take 4 months to just go back and forth trying to get off the Thames is worth a chortle.

They need to be careful with the amount of information they disclose - Having been cruising for 5 months throughout lockdown and being proud of only paying 78p for tax free diesel as they burn it for propulsion up the GU etc etc.

Each to his own as as i say only my opinion of vloggers but I do agree with the OP, those Boating Beyond folk are something else.

I have personally met a number of the above vloggers and they all seem nice people, just that some change when it gets to 'earning' from talking to a camera.

Edited by MarkH2159
add info
  • Greenie 3
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, big d said:

For commercial use an operator need Public liability insurance and if pilot is using video footage commercially than despite a drone being under 250g then it can’t be classed as a toy and ergo must have Operational Authorisation.

Just come out of Birmingham on the B&F and by the bit electricity distribution site there an "No Drone Area" notices

Yes, agree with the insurance but the following is from the CAA.

Quote from CAA “CAP2005”

“From 31st December 2020

There will no longer be a distinction between flying commercially and flying

for pleasure or recreation. This means that an approval just to operate

commercially is no longer required.”

“The new rules are divided into three categories: Open, Specific

and Certified.

The Open category is intended for low-risk drone flights, for example

because you are flying a very light drone or are in the countryside. If you

are flying in this category then you need no specific authorisation.”

A drone under 250g with a camera is in the open category, subcategory A1 therefore must have an Operator ID and a Flyer ID. Height limit 400ft can fly over uninvolved persons but no flight over assemblies of people.

Quote from CAA CAP722 “Unmanned Aircraft System Operations in UK Airspace”

Applicable in UK from 31st December 2020

“A1.1.6 Insurance

Recreational or sporting flights: Not required.

Non-recreational flights: Third party cover required law

(EC)785/2004.”

“A1.2.1 Operating Area

No flights within restricted airspace (Restricted Areas, Danger Areas, FRZs)

without relevant permission.

Flight permitted within residential, commercial, industrial and recreational

areas.”

There are others regulations but as the CAA CAP722 document is 238 page long I won’t be posting them on here.

There is also a debate about stuff posted on social media, Ytube as to it being commercial or not.

By the way I don’t do social media or Ytube.

I believe the FAA in the US are cracking down on Ytube vloggers but the FAA has different regulations.