YouTube Vloggers

matty40s

Featured Posts

Just now, Chris John said:

If you moor near a pub you know what to expect. So they could have moved at 11pm then?….really. No I’m someone why knows what’s acceptable and what not, unlike the person who was playing the music and thinks they own the public mooring

So if it was a canalside house would they be telling the house dweller to turn it down at 11pm? If so may I suggest they might find mooring opportunities very limited in towns and indeed some villages...as others have said just move on the next day.....sadly the modern world of the vlogger seems you must post it all over the internet to keep your viewing figures up. 

14 minutes ago, blackrose said:

If someone was playing loud music at their mooring and I had happened to moor opposite I'd just put up with it and move on the next morning. 

On the other hand Matty, I do have problems with people that feel the need to blast their music like those young idiots in their cars with their crap music bleeding into my world. So is there really any need to play your music so loud? You say it can't be heard outside your boat but that's obviously not true if it was bothering others.

Our music was playing when they moored up directly opposite, and yes, it was pretty loud, but we are used to having no-one around....there are miles of piled moorings on this pound.

We had a glass of wine or two after watching Leicester beat Chelsea with real crowds. My language was also rather crude after having a very bright cree LED light flashed in my eyes several times. 

Our 2 next door neighbor boats didnt hear anything. 

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, Jerra said:

If you aren't supposed to run your engine after 8:00 in case of disturbing people is it really OK to play music that can be heard inside a nearby boat?

Id be interested to know what the dB reading was...sound is very subjective...I once was told by an environmental health officer to turn the gig down I was the sound engineer on because a local resident had complained....I asked for the dB meter reading at the property...he said he didnt have a meter...."ok" I said "lets walk to the property boundary to see what we both think" When we got there you could clearly hear the M25 which ran alongside the house...and very faintly....and I mean very...you could hear the gig....he went off muttering.....

26 minutes ago, Dave Payne said:

When you say nearer, were they blocking any boats path if coming out the marina, i guess at 11pm no boats would be leaving?

Someone might be setting off early next morning though.

• Greenie 1

4 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Someone might be setting off early next morning though.

Some newcomers fail to appreciate the cut is open 24/7...When I ran the trip boat I often found hire boats tied up in the winding holes when I was doing a late evening cruise....they got a rude awakening several times.....

• Greenie 2

1 minute ago, frangar said:

Id be interested to know what the dB reading was...sound is very subjective...I once was told by an environmental health officer to turn the gig down I was the sound engineer on because a local resident had complained....I asked for the dB meter reading at the property...he said he didnt have a meter...."ok" I said "lets walk to the property boundary to see what we both think" When we got there you could clearly hear the M25 which ran alongside the house...and very faintly....and I mean very...you could hear the gig....he went off muttering.....

As kids we used to stand around in the road outside the back of the house, a group of perhaps 6 or 7 teenagers, listening to a small portable radio (Boom Boxes weren't around).   Up cycled the local cop, there had been a complaint  from one of the houses on a road running across 20 houses away.   He admitted that he couldn't hear it until he was very near and said he would report he had asked us to turn it down and that we had done so.

I know all about people who are touchy about noise they don't like.

I merely ask the question if CRT has advice/rile (it whatever it is) I suspect they would consider all sounds which people complained about as being the same.    Surely if the sound from an engine is considered a disturbance so is music.  Personally I can think of some vintage engines I would prefer to listen to to some people's choice of music.

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Our music was playing when they moored up directly opposite, and yes, it was pretty loud, but we are used to having no-one around....there are miles of piled moorings on this pound.

We had a glass of wine or two after watching Leicester beat Chelsea with real crowds. My language was also rather crude after having a very bright cree LED light flashed in my eyes several times. 

Our 2 next door neighbor boats didnt hear anything. 

My moneys on they did but they would rather put up with it than upset you and I bet they heard your swearing 

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Chris John said:

Me thinks you should get someone to ask them! Oh and the boats names Poppy 

Can you post a pic of the boat....just so I know to avoid it as the occupants sound most unpleasant....They will proabably be offended by my engine too... and i do like an early start.....

Edited by frangar

1 hour ago, frangar said:

Slightly off topic but am I alone in thinking that the vlog brigade should pay for a commercial or trader licence as they operate the boats as a business? Perhaps the extra licence charge should be proportional on the number of subscribers they have...useful extra income for CRT!

Thats very interesting, you would need to read some CRT stuff to see what it says about the definition of a trader. Its probably a bad idea as if they did get a traders licence that would give them even more reason to believe (incorrectly) that they have more rights than other boats.

..................Dave

• Greenie 1

Slightly off topic but am I alone in thinking that the vlog brigade should pay for a commercial or trader licence as they operate the boats as a business? Perhaps the extra licence charge should be proportional on the number of subscribers they have...useful extra income for CRT!

Not sure but I know the CAA are investigating several vloggers (aforementioned included)who derive income from youtube and who use drones to film without a commercial licence. Big fines as they see the behaviour as very dangerous and very few flight plans submitted. All the toys and no responsibility will catch up soon. 

• Greenie 1

34 minutes ago, dmr said:

Thats very interesting, you would need to read some CRT stuff to see what it says about the definition of a trader. Its probably a bad idea as if they did get a traders licence that would give them even more reason to believe (incorrectly) that they have more rights than other boats.

..................Dave

It would be even more pleasure to inform them they have no extra rights! 

3 minutes ago, big d said:

Not sure but I know the CAA are investigating several vloggers (aforementioned included)who derive income from youtube and who use drones to film without a commercial licence. Big fines as they see the behaviour as very dangerous and very few flight plans submitted. All the toys and no responsibility will catch up soon. 

That’s very interesting….I wonder if crt should have a policy on drones being used over their property? 

54 minutes ago, frangar said:

They will proabably be offended by my engine too... and i do like an early start.....

I remember once setting my alarm clock for 4 a.m. to get an early start (whilst on the BCN Challenge) but instead being woken at 3.45 by the sound of an approaching Bolinder. In comparison to the raucous screech of an alarm clock, it was like being woken by the sweetest of music!

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

Last year I moored up on the Llangollen and a guy sat on top of his boat with a karaoke machine and sang until gone 10pm. I moved about 5 miles down and could still hear him, doors and windows all shut. 

The sound gets carried through the water, comes up through the hull and if you're trying to sleep, into your ear via the pillow. Playing loud music late at night is just antisocial, end. In fact, playing loud music is antisocial. You can hear a band in a pub miles away, and I'm damn sure either marina people can hear your noise  or it isn't as loud as you say it is.

It's a total lack of awareness that people have different tastes, and it is inherently objectionable to force your choice on everyone else, whether it's Black Sabbath or my trombone. 

Well,Wales is supposed to be the land of song,

The guy singing,was it Alan De Enfield or Mrsmelly?

That’s very interesting….I wonder if crt should have a policy on drones being used over their property? 

CRT could ban drones being operated from their property, however as they don't own the sky above their property there would be nothing to stop a drone operator simply standing on the other side of the hedge and flying over the canal.    

12 minutes ago, booke23 said:

CRT could ban drones being operated from their property, however as they don't own the sky above their property there would be nothing to stop a drone operator simply standing on the other side of the hedge and flying over the canal.    

True, but it would make it a bit more difficult and then possibly slightly less common.

32 minutes ago, Arthur Marshall said:

That's the one.  Was typical of the whole Llangollen trip, which nearly finished me with the whole business.  What was going through what passed for his mind defeats me.

If you want your music loud, the good lord has invented esrphones and bluetooth. Sharing stuff your neighbour might well hate is pure selfish self-indulgence.

We unfortunately had to resort to making a noise nuisance complaint to the local authority in order to stop our neighbours playing god awful music from their hot tub loudspeaker system.

I dont think people realise you actually dont have an automatic right to spoil your neighbours enjoyment of their property no matter what time. She apparently had been misinformed by the installers that you can play it as loud as you like up to 11pm, you can't.

Of course this probably doesnt transfer to the canals which is why boats have engines, you can always move on if you encounter a noisy boater.