YouTube Vloggers

matty40s

Featured Posts

The problem here is when/if they post the video on YouTube Matty will have his right of reply curtailed by their ability to delete comments on their video.

It will also be subject to heavy selective editing.

I hate YouTube and Facebook  for this reason. Some people get really tetchy if you criticise or challenge  their content.

The fact that they disturbed the marina owner at probably 11pm onwards is disgraceful.

The fact that he lives 50 miles away didnt occur to them.

The fact that he didnt give a shit as nobody in the marina can hear us (including the boat 20 feet away over an earth bank who are there and talk to us daily).

The fact that shining flashing LED lights at us makes us unable to see them anyway.....but no doubt they are being paid to use said lights.

Anyway, they have moved west.....I have commented on his YouTube thread.

Just now, matty40s said:

The fact that they disturbed the marina owner at probably 11pm onwards is disgraceful.

The fact that he lives 50 miles away didnt occur to them.

The fact that he didnt give a shit as nobody in the marina can hear us (including the boat 20 feet away over an earth bank who are there and talk to us daily).

The fact that shining flashing LED lights at us makes us unable to see them anyway.....but no doubt they are being paid to use said lights.

Anyway, they have moved west.....I have commented on his YouTube thread.

I have also taken screenshots of my posts on his YouTube thread.

Screenshot_20210516-004436_YouTube.jpg

The vlog lot are a right royal pia!  They have mostly been on the cut for five mins and think they have some god given right.

I recently heard of a pair of apparently well known vloggers who wanted swingbridges swung on the Weaver so it would look good on their video. Idiots!

I really don’t know what people find so interesting about them…every video I’ve seen makes the same cringeworthy points and in the main spread misinformation. 

Well done Matty for having a go back at them. This pair in particular annoy me with spamming every canal group on Facebook. 

4 hours ago, RAP said:

CRT need to get a grip here. There are too many MLATs - moored like a tw*t - across the system abusing the rules.

CRT should start charging them for filming on CRT property as they do professional production companies. 

Edited by frangar
  • Greenie 1
  • Love 1

Never heard of them, and I've no inkling to change that.

Seen this so many times, and not just on the canals, people change their circumstances to make what they think is a better life, except they make the mistake of bringing their 'baggage' with them. Their lives end up exactly like the ones they'd escaped. 

I have never heard of these people, but what the hell, I thought I would take a look at one of their videos. What an ignorant, obnoxious, arrogant bloke the guy is! 

Why would anyone subscribe to that rubbish?

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

Well I take my earlier comments back as I was wrong and they haven't done what I said they would and delete any comments they didn't like.

Boating Beyond.JPG

Boating Beyond_1.JPG

5 minutes ago, The Happy Nomad said:

Well I take my earlier comments back as I was wrong and they haven't done what I said they would and delete any comments they didn't like.

Boating Beyond.JPG

Boating Beyond_1.JPG

Awww poor self obsessed petals. Typical sadly of the new people coming onto the cut. Hopeful they will find another fad soon

• Unimpressed 1

2 minutes ago, Chris John said:

Here we go character assassination by the forum when it appears that it was really someone blasting music out at an unreasonable time. 

I think the vlog lot would probably complain about anything that disturbs their filming. In my opinion such types are obsessed with themselves 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, frangar said:

I think the vlog lot would probably complain about anything that disturbs their filming. In my opinion such types are obsessed with themselves 

So you think it’s reasonable to play load music past 11 then do you because I don’t. Oh and they are public moorings opposite and people who moor there have the right to have some quiet. Oh and they weren’t filming at that late hour until the swearing stated, hopefully they’ll publish that on social media 

Edited by Chris John
  • Greenie 2

16 hours ago, matty40s said:

They moored opposite late evening Saturday, and then their friends on a new narrowboat tried to moor across the marina entrance.

We advised that would not be wise as boats need to get in and out of the marina.

So narrowboat  "Polly" then moved forward nearer the marina entrance and the other boat which for now will remain anonymous moved back behind "Polly".

Normally on Friday and Saturday we listen to music and concerts as we cant during to Covid, Kathy's Birthday treat of Bryan Adam's has been cancelled 2 weeks ago.

We have a very good sound system, which cant be heard by marina moorers.

Tonight, we have been flashed by LED torches, filmed, flashed again, the marina owner called(who lives in Stratford!), by people thinking their YouTube channel is more important than somebody elses lifestyle.

They can Fook off. 

When you say nearer, were they blocking any boats path if coming out the marina, i guess at 11pm no boats would be leaving?

I've seen a couple of their videos. They don't have much idea about boats. We all have to learn but they talk like they know what they're doing, but that's besides the point.

If someone was playing loud music at their mooring and I had happened to moor opposite I'd just put up with it and move on the next morning. 

On the other hand Matty, I do have problems with people that feel the need to blast their music like those young idiots in their cars with their crap music bleeding into my world. So is there really any need to play your music so loud? You say it can't be heard outside your boat but that's obviously not true if it was bothering others.

Edited by blackrose
  • Greenie 4

3 minutes ago, Chris John said:

So you think it’s reasonable to play load music past 11 then do you because I don’t. Oh and they are public moorings opposite and people who moor there have the right to have some quiet. Oh and they weren’t filming at that late hour until the swearing stated, hopefully they’ll publish that on social media 

I think it would be interesting to see what “loud” means….also as a public mooring they could of course have moved….if you require silence then moor in the middle of nowhere.

If you moor near other boats should you expect them to conform to your tastes in music/silence etc? If they moored next to a pub would they expect the clientele to be silent?

If it was 3am they may have more grounds but a pub would still be going at 11pm. I guess you are one of those fanboys for the vlog lot? 

• Greenie 1

9 minutes ago, Chris John said:

Oh and they are public moorings opposite and people who moor there have the right to have some quiet. 

That's also true. In terms of what's socially acceptable I'm afraid you have no more rights at your permanent mooring than they have at their visitor mooring.

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, frangar said:

if you require silence then moor in the middle of nowhere.

I moored somewhere really remote one Nov. 5th as the dog at the time hated fireworks. Come dusk, someone turfed up and moored next to us to let off their fireworks...then moved on again in the dark. Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

We don't hear anything when we're battened down for the night, with windows shut of course, think our boat's bombproof. Many a time we've moored by a busy railway line and not been bothered with the noise. It's the blessed ducks that disturb us. 

1 minute ago, alias said:

I moored somewhere really remote one Nov. 5th as the dog at the time hated fireworks. Come dusk, someone turfed up and moored next to us to let off their fireworks...then moved on again in the dark. Sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Now that I would have an issue with......A few times Ive moored in the middle of nowhere as I needed to use some power tools etc only to then find someone wanted to share a mooring  pin I suggested they might have to put up with some noise and nuisance and whilst I didn't mind them being there it was up to them! 

15 minutes ago, frangar said:

I think it would be interesting to see what “loud” means….also as a public mooring they could of course have moved….if you require silence then moor in the middle of nowhere.

If you moor near other boats should you expect them to conform to your tastes in music/silence etc? If they moored next to a pub would they expect the clientele to be silent?

If it was 3am they may have more grounds but a pub would still be going at 11pm. I guess you are one of those fanboys for the vlog lot? 

If you moor near a pub you know what to expect. So they could have moved at 11pm then?….really. No I’m someone who knows what’s acceptable and what’s  not, unlike the person who was playing the music and thinks they own the public mooring

Edited by Chris John
  • Greenie 1