Trent and Mersey Canal

AnnC

Featured Posts

:D We are travelling from Barton Turn to Nottingham next week.

Is there anything we should know about before we go? :)

What are the Good Pubs to eat at. :)

Places not to moor up. :)

Thanks this site is great

Ann C

Edited by AnnC

A very good place to stop is Shardlow, the atmosphere in that little place is great. I can also advise going into Barton-Under-Needwood and going into the Middle Bell, great food and again a good atmosphere. Watch out for Stenson lock as its one of the deepest on the network and can be quite fierce at times espicially when going up. If you get a heavy period of rain (i hope not) then i'd advise ringing BW and checking the state of the trent as that river can get nasty after a bit of rain. Hope you have a nice holiday!

A very good place to stop is Shardlow, the atmosphere in that little place is great. I can also advise going into Barton-Under-Needwood and going into the Middle Bell, great food and again a good atmosphere.  Watch out for Stenson lock as its one of the deepest on the network and can be quite fierce at times espicially when going up.  If you get a heavy period of rain (i hope not) then i'd advise ringing BW and checking the state of the trent as that river can get nasty after a bit of rain. Hope you have a nice holiday!

Thank you James

I will post about our trip when we get back. :)